Chapter 62: Intergenerational Discussion

Here is the continuation with the departure for Genosis and a small discussion between Skywalker. We hope you like it. Feel free to vote (if you liked it) or comment.

Luke's point of view

I was sitting in meditation, focusing on the presence of Father and Mother. While Father was so relieved, his light shining like a supernova and cradling me with it, Mother's seemed more concerned, especially for Father. Afterwards, I began to realize the difference between Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader. And I couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness as I thought about the man that Leia and I had never known.

Shmi: Why so sad?

Hearing her, I cut my meditation and looked at her with surprise.

Me: What are you talking about?

She went to me and with her thumbs removed the tears that I had not felt flowing. Feeling her dry but soft hands, I could understand Father's love for her. Even her light seemed so comforting, reminding me of Mother but much less burning.

Shmi smiled: These

I smiled, at the stupidity of my question. She sat down across from me, her eyes shining with the kindness and wisdom of a Jedi master.

Shmi: Are you Ani's son?

I widened my eyes at this. How could I be? Leia and I have been very careful!

Shmi smiling: Let's say a mother's instinct. When I look at you, I feel like I'm seeing him before he left to be a Jedi. And then your looks at my son, betrayed you. Full of regrets.

Me: I didn't know him very well and I realize what a man he was.

Shmi: Ani is always willing to help, if he can. Although I am worried about him. I can feel that my absence has weighed on him. I just hope he finds someone to make up for my absence.

I bit my lip, knowing how right she was. Her death was just the beginning of Father's downfall.

Me: Rest assured, he will find someone soon.

Shmi: Kyria Organa?

I blush, looking away.

Shmi: Is that your mother, you and Leia?

Me: Yes.

Shmi: I knew they would end up together! Even though she denies it, I can see that she loves Ani. But why doesn't she tell him?

Me: Because Jedis are not supposed to have attachments. They say it will lead to the dark side.

Shmi: They forbid themselves to love?

Me: No. Loving is allowed but attachment is forbidden. Because it can lead to negative emotions.

Shmi: How can you love without being attached? It is impossible!

Me: I think so.

Indeed, without this attachment, Father would never have come back from the darkness and I would not have had the strength to face the trials of life. However, the latter also brought about his fall. A fact, not to be forgotten.

Shmi: You say you never knew him. What happened to him?

Me: Well...that's not quite true...

I was looking at him, thinking of what to say. She was the starting point for Vader's birth, she might be the one to help Father get rid of the darkness that Palpatine was trying to grow in him. However, Father's future was so bleak, I was afraid of the effects on her. So I took a deep breath

Me: What I'm about to tell you won't be pleasant, just know that.

Although she didn't want to let anything show, I could sense from her trembling that she was dreading what was to come. Nevertheless, she did not give up and invited me to speak.