The monster

"I'll see you Monday!" I waved shakily at Mondo.

"See ya, Shortcake!" Mondo smirked and walked to his dorm.

I was shaking from the ride...and Mondo. There's something about him, I can't get him out of my mind, or heart. My beating heart changed from love to fear as I saw the person waiting, leaning against my door. She looked up and smirked at me.

"Lil' Sis, I was gonna talk to you at school but your biker boyfriend got to me." Kanna sat up. It happens in seconds she pulled us into my room.

"Listen, the boss needs to talk to you. And it's serious." Kanna's sneer and smirky attitude quickly turned cold. "The boss" is our father, f/n l/n the most feared name in the underworld. I'd rather cut off my right hand than talk to that monster.

"I'm not talking to him, please leave, and never talk to me again." I looked at her seriously. She looked down, then grasped my shoulders.

"I'm not joking y/n. Just...please! For me?" she looked at me with panic and fear. She was nervous, I've never seen her like this. What did that monster do to her?

"O-ok.." I agreed. Relief washed over her, she quietly let go of me and walked out.

I got ready to shower, when the water rushed down my body, so did fear. It's been years since I've talked to my father...no that monster. There was nothing I want less than to talk to him, but my sister's face flashed back into my mind. The fear and begging in her eyes...

I have to do this, for her. I turned off the shower and got ready for bed. I lay there, going through mathematical calculations till I fell asleep.

Ding

My phone woke me from my sleep, I groaned and sat up.

Two new messages

Hello daughter, I am excited to see you, meet me at this restaurant at 9:30 for breakfast, happy Halloween.

My stomach turned, I wanted to throw up. How did he get my number? Of course, he did! I hid my face in my hands.

My, I and my father's relationship are rocky, you could say. He was the head of the business before Kanna inherited it. He's one of the most prominent people in the underground, a greedy man who would hurt anyone for cash. He hurt me, Kanna, my mom. I hated him.

I check the time, 8:40. I should get ready, I don't want to anger the monster. I start to get dressed, hoping the hour till I meet him never ends.

But sadly everything has an end, I wait outside the dorms. a mysterious car drives up to the dorms. A hand extends from the window ushering me inside.

I sat in the car, the smell of smoke filled the limo, and sat across me was him... That monster, my blood boiled, I squeezed my arm. He looked up and gave a sickly smile.

"Y/n, Dearest! How are you! It's been years, I miss you!" He Grins sickly. I sigh and look down.

"Fine." That is all I could say, the fact he acts like we're a normal father and daughter. It filled me with rage, I could've yelled at him, but I knew I shouldn't for Kanna.

The conversation ended there, the ride to eh restaurant was silent, which was how I wanted it. The heavy air crushed me, he sat there, smoking.

After a couple of minutes of painful silence, we arrived at the restaurant. It looked expensive, I stood in awe at the beautiful rustic decor.

I sat down with him, he grinned.

"You can get anything at this restaurant, dear."

I felt sick at his smile, I rolled my eyes at him and frowned.

"You want something," I stated. "Just tell me so I can leave."

His grin turned cold and serious. He scowled.

"You know what I want. I want to work for me-"

"No" I answered, "I'd rather die than work for you."

"I can arrange that," he glared, then smiled again, "come on dearest, we can use your ultimate, science, was it?"

"Math," I remarked.

"Math?" He rolled his eyes. "So you hate all crime, don't you?"

I nodded.

"What about that mondo kid, huh? He's a criminal, but you seem to be buddy-buddy with him. Maybe more..."

I felt sick, my face contorted with shock. "H-how did you know about him?" Was he watching me? I felt scared, like a thousand eyes laid upon me. He looked at the state, he found something. Is he...going to use mondo against me. I faced down, fear and anger bubbling inside you, you stood up quickly.

"I have to go, I forgot, I have to meet up with someone," I mumbled. I rushed out of the restaurant, tears streaming. He wouldn't hurt my friends, would he? I stood outside in the city, looking around. It's filled with people, maybe I should call someone I know. I leaned against the restaurant, about to call Taka when I heard a voice in the ally.

"Chuck! There's my baby boy!" A deep voice called out. was that voice...Mondo?