Taka's Confession

I nodded at the Hall monitor grinned. Mondo waved and I started to follow Taka. Ibuki was still on the stage playing quite... Odd music, yet people were dancing to it.

"Prom is quite exciting, right, y/n?" Taka asked as we sat down together. Taka looked out and smiled softly like a thousand thoughts were racing in his mind.

"I'm going to have to leave early, and spend the night with my family..." Taka started. "Out of everyone, I'm going to miss you the most y/n."

I looked at the hall monitor who was looking down, a sad glint in his eyes.

"I'm going to miss you so much." I smiled sadly, "but remember what you said! You're going to call and write.."

"Yeah but, it's never going to be the same. When I come back, we are going to finish high school, then we are adults. You're going to do something amazing, marry Mondo, and i..."

"You're going to be Prime Minister! Restore your family's name, and find a great person to love. It's going to be like how we dreamed as kids." I said.

"Yeah..." he mumbled, then shook his head. He looked at me intensely. "Y/n i-"

"Guys!" Leon yelled, Mondo and Chihiro following him. "Hey! Why ya both look so sad?!"

"Leons the one who should be sad, Sayaka rejected him!" Mondo laughed, Leon moped.

"Geez! Why ya telling the whole school?!" Leon whined and lightly punched the biker in the shoulder.

"Hey, guys!" Taka gleamed, seemingly forgetting about what he was going to say.

"Hey taka! Let's go dance!" Chihiro giggles. Taka smiles and follows Chihiro, both dancing awkwardly together. I giggle lightly at my friend's antics and look back at mondo.

"I suppose we could dance-"

"Little brotherrrrr!!!!!!!" A girl with dark brown messy hair and brown eyes runs up and hugs Mondo. Little brother? I thought mondo only had a brother, Daiya!

"Hey, Akane!" Mondo chuckles. "Haven't seen you in a while... when is ya gonna visit moms?"

"Aahhhh soon! I got training with coach Nekumaru and stuff!" Akane looked over at me, who was standing around confused. "Whos this chick?"

"I'm y/n, Mondo is my boyfriend.." I said, Akane laughed.

"Mondo, how you land her?! She's wayyyyyy out of your league!" Akane laughed. "You like him?! Even with his hair!"

"Hey! My hairs not that bad...." Mondo mumbled, poking at his pompadour.

I laughed lightly, Akane was cackling on the floor. Mondo rolled his eyes, a small grunt exited his throat.

"Akane!!" A loud voice boomed through the crowd of people. "I finished my shit!"

"Hey, coach!" Akane waved and ran off.

I was about to speak when a certain ginger rockstar ran up and dragged mondo.

"Dude ya gotta check out what we found!" Mondo looked back at me with a longing face. I sighed and waved.

"Y/n!" Taka then appeared and dragged me away.
"I wanna spend my last day with you!"

I nodded and smiled. Taka took my hand and we danced. Taka grinned, but there was a glint of sadness in his eyes. After a second, the glint disappeared, then filled with life.

Soon we were out of breath, walking to the chairs. Taka looked back at me and smiled sadly.

"Taka, what we're going to say?" I asked, taka tilted his head.

"Y/n, you know we've been friends for years.." Taka smiled. "You've been my only friend until now, I know I'm a lot to handle. Yet, you stay with me. You're like a sister to me! Which is why I wanna say...." he stood up, face darkening. "I...can't say what I'm about to. So... I need to go!"