A kind Martial Artist and an odd friendship

"Y/n?" Sakura looked down on me, I looked back up at her. She looked like she was in an exercise were, which was odd seeing as the night had already turned dark.

"Y/n," Sakura repeated, snapping me out of my thoughts. "You seem troubled, are you ok?"

"Huh, oh yeah, I just need to get back to the dorms.."

"I was just heading there, would you like to walk with me?" Sakura offered, I stood up and nodded.

We walked together in silence, I never noticed anything about her. Despite her large figure and intimidating appearance, she has a calming presence and a kind heart. Even just being close to her, my tears stopped and my breathing calmed.

"You seem troubled still, would you like to talk?" Sakura asked.

"It's just my family..." I started, then I described the party, Byakuya words, and my reaction. She quietly listened, sometimes nodding. I finished, Sakura just sighed and thought for a second.

"I see your issue...you must know, dear y/n, you are not your family, you are you. You must remember that going on in life. So make your own choices, not ones your father would. And with Mondo, you seem to truly care about him, and he does of you. What Byakuya did was wrong... I have loved it once and it seems...I am loving again..." she smiled softly to herself. I smiled to myself, Sakura is a mystery I wish to learn more of someday.

Before we knew it, the hopes peak symbol was shown through the night sky. We walked into the dorms, Aoi, celeste, and Kyoko all sat together talking. Ali lit up when she saw Sakura, wrapping her arms around the martial artist, smiling.

"Your back Saki!" Aoi looked at me. "Y/n too! What are you both doing out?"

"We met up and decided to walk together, have you seen Mondo?" I asked the swimmer. She shook her head.
"No, he and Taka argued, and then left." She answered.

"Not just oowada or Ishimaru, Togami and Naegi are gone too. Odd..." Kyoko added in.

"Togami is at some party," Celeste replied. "The snob bragged to me about it."

Well, I knew that. Still, I was worried about Mondo and Taka. I mean, taka's never out this late, let alone when schools tomorrow! I shrugged, I'll ask him tomorrow. For now, it's late, and I should get ready for bed.

Time skip

I walked to math next to Chihiro. We were talking about alter ego.

"I'm almost done with the bugs! I'm so excited!" Chihiro beamed. "And I and this girl who's the ultimate gamer are going to make a video game together!"

"That's great!" I smiled, I opened the door to see something I thought I'd never see in a thousand years.

"Haha bro, you're the best!" Taka laughed, arm wrapped around Mondo's shoulder.

"No, you're the best, bro!" Mondo chuckled.

I looked at them. with confusion, Taka and Mondo hate each other?! They were fighting yesterday! But now they're...calling each other bro? I mean it is good my boyfriend and best friend are getting along I guess.

"It's so weird, they've been like this all day!" Aoi looked at them laughing. "I bet Byakuya or Makoto knows what's going on."

As if on cue, Byakuya and Makoto walked in.

"Hey, Makoto! And Byakuya...Do you know why Mondo and Taka are acting strange?"

"Tch like I care what any of you plebians are acting!" Byakuya shot me a glare, which I kindly returned.

"All I know is that they had a competition to see who would get out of the sauna first. I had to referee it, but I left early." Makoto looked back at Taka and Mondo. "So who won?"

"Psh Water under the bridge man!" Mondo said, then his eyes laid upon me. A large dopey grin formed on his face.

"Hey shortcake!" Mondo wrapped his arms around you. I chuckled.

"Hey, Firecracker!"

Mondo's face turned bright red, his grin got bigger.

"Firecracker?" he asked, I nodded.

"Class, sit down." The teacher walked in. I sat next to Chihiro and mondo, mondo sat next to taka.

While the teacher droned on about geometry, Mondo would shoot glances at me and hed smile. I'd smile back. After a while, Mondo slipped a note towards me.

Are we still on for tutoring today?

I roll my eyes smirking before answering.

You wouldn't need tutoring if you listened now

More time to spend with you, princess

Yes, I will help you today.

Mondo smiled at the note, then looked back at the teacher.

Hey hey hey! I will be on a short break, maybe... I'm going on vacation, I may post, but don't count on it! I love you