The dog and The Baseball Star

I stepped to the alleyway, Mondo sat there with a large black lab. He squatted next to the dog, the dog jumping on him. I've never seen Mondo like this, laughing and talking to the dog. He seemed so soft and kind in contrast to the usual intimidating aura. He stop when he saw me.

"Hey! What are you doing?-" he stopped when he saw me crying. "Hey, what's wrong?" He stood up and cupped my cheek.

"Family stuff..." I looked towards his dog. "That's a cute dog." Mondo lit up and we sat next to each other, playing with the dog.

"Chuck! He's a stray, I take care of him. When I get out of the dorms at hopes peak, Daiya and I are going to take care of him together!" Mondo smiled.

I smiled, wanting to hear him more. "Whos Daiya again?"

Mondo smiled wider, "He's my older brother. He kinda raised me, and was the original head of his crazy diamonds, still is! His retirement party is in a couple of weeks. I'm kind of worried be the number one leader" he paused, put his hand on his neck, and laughed nervously. "I'm ranting, aren't I?"

I shook my head. "No no! I think you'd be a great leader! And Daiya sound important to you, that's good."

Mondo's face turned red, probably matching mine. We talked together for hours, petting Chuck and laughing. All the fear I was feeling washed away by his grin. I couldn't help but laugh with him.

Ding

My phone dinged, I looked at my phone.

Aoi 🏊

Hey, remember our sleepover at Sayaka's dorm!

Oh yeah, I'm having a sleepover! Maybe I should start to get ready. I wave at Mondo, he looks a little disappointed. If I was honest, I wish I could spend every day with him, like this.

"Wait Y/n!" Mondo started, he looked nervous. "Can I...walk you home?"

My heartbeat out of my chest, I nodded. The walk was awkward. Mondo was surprisingly quiet, fidgeting, and his face was a flushed crimson. I wasn't any better, my face blushing. After a couple of minutes of painful silence, we arrived.

"Hey, Y/n," Mondo started, face redder. "I-i... I'll see you later!" mondo ran towards his form, huh, that's odd.

Mondo's pov

Dang, it! I'm an idiot! I sat in the hallway, face red. Why can't I just tell her that I have feelings for her! Leon appeared in front of me.

"I saw the whole thing! You we're going to ask out y/n!" Leon laughed. "You ok? You look like a tomato! Haha!"

I grumbled. "Shut up..."

I leaned against the wall scowling while Leon was rolling on the floor laughing. After a couple of seconds of keeping myself from not punching the baseball star in the face, he stood up.

"No, really, wanna hang out in my room?" Leon grinned. "We could talk about 'it'"

I sighed, following the ginger to his dorm. He opened it, and it's what you expect from someone like Leon. A baseball bat layed on his table, a mix of musical records is scattered on his desk. Some posters from a band no one ever heard of plastered on his wall.

"So you finally were going to tell her, but you chickened out..." Leon started. "Why did ya never tell me ya like her! Were buddies! I tell all about Sayaka!"

"First of all, Sayaka will never like you, man. And second, well, y/n is just out of my league! I mean she is so beautiful and smart! And I'm...loud and angry and really stupid..."

"I'm Mondo and I'm a loser! Look at me!" Leon put his hands up and mocked. "I'm using excuses so I don't have to talk to the girl I like!"

"Dude." Leon started. "You sound that Shuichi kid. You totally have a chance! Just ask!!"

I nodded. "Eh, maybe I should.."

"Duh!" Leon grinned. "And I have a perfect way how!"