Prom's end and Taka's new beginning

"Wait, Taka!" I stood up to the hall monitor. He already disappeared into the crowd. I look around hastily to see Mondo rushing toward me.

"Shortcake, what's wrong you look rushed" he held my shoulders as I panicked looking for Taka.

"Takahe-" I started.

Riiiiing

Water sprayed out of the ceiling. Someone pulled the fire alarm. The shouts and screams of everyone filled the halls as they rushed out of the venue.

"This suit was 10,000$!" Byakuya hurriedly pushed me out the way.

"Everyone stay calm and leave calmly!!!!!" Taka yelled through a megaphone.

"Taka!" I yelled.

Mondo took off his jacket and covered me and him.

"Let's get the f*ck out of here," Mondo said rushing me and him out the building. Luckily, reporters left so it was a clear run put to the driveway. Mondo looked around then grinned, rushing to a motorbike.

"Thank Daiya for getting my motorbike." Mondo smiled hopping on his bike. I hopped on hesansaintly, hugging tightly on Mondo's waist. He drove through the city, a lot slower than normal. It makes sense, I look at his bareback, a long scar reminded him of that night. It was close to where mine was. I felt safer, especially in his jacket.

"Where are we going?" I asked, mondo looked back.

"Dinner! You're supposed to get dinner together!" He looked at him them me.

Time skip

I ate my nuggets and mondo devoured a hamburger at the bench in front of a Mcdonald's. It was night, we were still soaking from prom, mondo pompadour sagging in from of him. I have mondo gave his jacket as the cold air nipped both of us.

"I thought I could take you to a fancy restaurant..." mondo moped. I giggled lightly.

"Were soaked! I don't think they'd let us in"

Mondo sighed, I held his hand, he intertwined our fingers.

"Anywhere I'm with you, I'm happy, mondo" I smiled as I leaned into his shoulder.

Time skip

I tiredly trudged back to the room, then flopped on my bed.

"Uughhhh!" I groaned out, I have dried from the prom, but I was tired. I suppose I should get ready for bed. Slowly, I showered and got into my pajamas.

I sat in my bed, then tears pooled down. Due to everything going on, I forgot about Taka. He's leaving, no more coffee dates, no more of his smiles, no more...Taka. I cried more, I can't remember life without him! And now he's gone, gone till we graduate. Even then... will we stay in touch for that long? Of course, we will! Right? Doubts filled my head. I shook my head.

"I'm being selfish..." I murmured. "Takas going out and seeing the world, he's going to help his parents, he's chasing his dream.."

That's the thing with Taka, always looking for the next accomplishment, won honor roll, the student council, then hope peak, now this. I'm proud of him, I really am. And with that thought, I finally drifted off to sleep

"I'm going to miss you guys!" Taka smiled sadly, holding his bags in front of the airport. Everyone in our class was there. I was 2 seconds from balling. Taka's red eyes looked at me.

"Y/n..." Taka smiled, I couldn't help it, I started crying. I ran toward him and wrapped my arms around him, he sniffled then giggled.

"Hey come on, y/n your strong, you've always been," Taka whispered

"That's 'cause you've always been here," I whispered

"It's ok, keep working toward your dream, take care of Chihiro and Mondo for me. I swear ill keep in touch." Taka stood up. "I wanted to say this at prom, but I love you, y/n, I thought it was wrong for friends to say...."

"I love you too!" I smiled solemnly. Taka waved, we gave out an array of goodbyes. Then my childhood best friend walk off.

Hello guys, I'm sorry for the slower updates I'm back at school. As a Taka Kinnie, I felt emotionally scarred writing this (ofc the Taka Kinnie simps for mondo) anyways good night