Unwanted memories

Mondos pov

The rain blocked my view, I rushed to the city to get me and y/n somewhere dry. How was I so stupid? How could I not see that car!? All I saw then was black.

I woke up to the irritating lights of a hospital, I groaned. I felt a sharp pain in my leg, I winced in pain. Someone wrapped their arms around me, was it y/n?

"Y/n?" I asked out.

"No, it's me, Daiya.." Daiya looked concerned.

"Is she ok? Where is she?" I sat up, wincing
"I don't know, please stay down!" Daiya calmed me down. "What were you thinking?! You could've killed y/n and You!"

"I know I know" I grumbled. I know, I'm weak. It repeats in my head.

I'm weak

I'm weak

"I'm weak, I'm sorry, Daiya," I said back to the garage. Wrapping gauze on my arm after having a scuffle with the police.

"Psh, Weak?" Daiya scoffed. "I did the same thing at your age! Don't ever. ever. Call yourself weak! You're an Oowada, ya know what that means?"

"Big harmonious field?" I looked at him confused.

"No! Geez, you're a dork. It means you're the strongest person in this gang! Once you grow through the ranks people will recognize that!"

-
-
-

"Mondo's inheriting the gang?" A member scoffed.

"Yeah, he's nothing like Daiya." Another spoke.

They didn't know I was listening, but I heard. I've heard it so many times. I'm nothing like Daiya. He's so much better than me. I'm going to disappoint the gang.

"Mondo, do you hear me?" Daiya was lecturing me. I shook my head.

"I promised mom'd keep you alive! Just..." Daiya sighed and put a hand on my shoulder. "Stay safe, k bud? Till I retire..."

Back to your pov!

I sat next to the doctor, taka close to me, fidgeting his thumbs.

"You're all good." The doctor stood up and walked out. Taka hugged me tight, tears forming.

"Y/n! I thought you were going to die when my mom told me you were in the hospital!" He said in between sobs. I stroked my best friend's hair as he sobbed in my shoulder.

"Taka, is Mondo ok?" I asked him.

"I don't know..." Taka murmured. "I'm going to find out.." Taka walked

I couldn't help but worry for Mondo. At the thought of him on the curb, tears formed in my eyes. It was still raining, the night was given an ominous setting, deepening my worries. What if he doesn't wake up? It would be my fault. I'm the reason we drove out to the lake. I hurt him, even though it's the last thing I want to do.

I don't want to hurt them

"I don't want to hurt them!"I said through tears, only 10. My father shrugged. He finally told me his job and told me I'm going to work for him. He didn't care if I was 10, he didn't care if I didn't want to. He just wanted more cash...

"Sometimes we get things we don't want..." he lit a cigarette. "You won't be the head, that'll be Kanna."

I looked at Kanna, tears pooling more. Kanna was nice to me! Why would she do this?! I ran to my bedroom, packing my clothes. Maybe I can stay at Takas.

-
I swear ill never be like them.
-
"Did you hear? That y/n's family is in the mob!" A girl whispered to a boy.

"Shhh, what if she hears!" He whispers hastily back. "She'll kill us off!"
-

Taka was still gone. I clutched the sheets to my bed, please come back with good news.