The childhood Freind

I used a Taka image because there's more Taka in it! Also, I'm crying it's so sad
Also, f/icf is my favorite ice cream flavor

I looked at Taka, he must be sick. He was looking away, sadness filled his face. I held my best friend's forehead, no fever.

"Y-y/n..." Taka repeated. He took my hand and led me through the dorms to his, I didn't notice it, but tears fell from his eyes. Taka's boots echoed through the halls as I walked with him, confused.

"Taka!" I exclaimed as we arrived, he looked up to me, his face a mess, tears flowing down his cheek, face red and puffy. I quickly softened. "Taka...what's wrong?"

"I-i-i-i h-have l-l-leave!" Taka sobbed I looked at him surprised, what does he mean leave? He cant be leaving me, right? I mean he's been with me my whole life, Takas is my best friend! My heart dropped hugged the hall monitor, trying to comfort him.

"It's ok.." I murmured, Taka cried for a while, then calmed down, sitting on his bed. I sat across from him, waiting for him to talk, maybe he's leaving for a day or a week... then why would he be crying? I hope it isn't what I think it is, deep down I know it is, though.

"There's a politician in America, he wants to take me as an apprentice. Hopes Peak already agreed, and there's no cost for it, just him teaching me. It's an amazing opportunity I thought I never would get, so I took it. It will be for three years where I'm across seas...but I'll still call and write and video chat! I had to take this, to restore my family name!" He said, tears returning, his red eyes filled with sorrow.

Three years? Taka will be gone for three years?! I started to cry, Taka has been my friend ever since I was a child, I could always count on him! Now I won't see him for the rest of high school... my heart dropped to my stomach as gloom-filled every fiber of my being.

"W-when are you leaving?" I asked.

"The day after prom..." Take sighed.

"B-but that's only a couple of days! Take a, why didn't you tell me?!" we were both crying, I ran and hugged him.

"I'm sorry! I was scared you were going to get mad!" Taka sobbed in my shoulder.

"Taka..." was all I could say. I haven't felt this sad in years. We sat there for a while, just crying. My tears stained his white uniform.

"Y-y-you know...After the apprenticeship, it's going to be just like how we dreamed as kids! Well, work together as prime minister and head secretary of the treasury!" Taka smiled lightly still crying. I smiled back.

"Of course! Remember when you'd dress up and act like your prime minister when we were in elementary school. I'd sing a tune while pushing you in a wagon! And have breakfast and coffee together pretending like we were adults having a meeting!" I laughed, Taka chuckled with me.

"I wish...it could be like that again...when we were kids." Taka's face looked down again. I copied his face, yeah me too, back then we were so carefree. No stress about family, no stress about being 'the best because you were at hopes peak. Just him and I pretending the world was ours. But maybe we don't have to be kids again...screw it.

"Taka" I wiped my tears. "Wannabe kids again?"

"What? Y/n as the ultimate mathematician you should know something like that is illogical-"

"Not physically, but let's just act like kids again! I wanna be with you every day till you leave!" I smiled, Taka copied my expression, His bright smile returning.

"Of course! What do you want to do, secretary of the treasury, Mrs. L/n!"

"Well Prime Minister Ishimaru, let's go to the park." We giggled and left the room, through the dorms, smiling like kids again. Taka's boots filled the halls but in a more optimistic way. We were out of school and out in the city. Taka and I rushed to the children's playground, some kids were there with their parents.

"I haven't been here since elementary school..." Taka gasped, me neither. Childhood amazement filled Taka's large red eyes, a grin formed on his lips. We rushed to the swings and played around for a while. I haven't seen Taka this happy, neither have felt this happy.

We spent hours at the playground, my best friend and I playing around as we haven't in years. We didn't care that adults were staring at the two teens acting like children on a playground. This was Taka's last couple of days in Japan, we should enjoy it. The pinks and oranges faded with the sun like me and the moral compass walked together, I held f/icf as Taka held a vanilla cone.

"This was so much fun!" Taka grinned. I smiled softly.

"Yeah...do the others know?" I asked him, Taka looked away.

"I talked to Chihiro about it before you, I haven't talked to Mondo about it yet. I'm going to miss you guys in America..." Taka sighed.

"Knowing you? You're going to make loads of friends! And after three years will pass. Just don't forget me." I smiled, Taka laughed.

"Like id forget my best friend!" Taka wrapped his arm around my shoulder, I copied him. We were joking around, laughing, and eating our ice cream like it was the last days of earth.