The freedom

I felt positive waking up from bed today, Mondo is finally out of the hospital today! Of course, he will be on crutches, but I don't care! I smiled getting ready, grabbing my keys, and rushing out of my dorm to see an added sight.

"Remember to sanitize!" Take yells through a surgical mask, aggressively cleaning the dorms. "Flu season is coming! I don't want anyone sick!" he sprayed Byakuya in the face.

"What was that?! You peasant!" Byakuya scowled at Taka, wiping his face. I chuckle at the moral compass, soon his eyes lay upon me.

"Aha! Y/n!" Take smiled at me. "Going to the hospital to see mondo? Wear this!" he threw something at me.

Looking down, a surgical mask lay in my hands. I shrugged, better safe than sick. I rushed out, not wanting to get involved with the fight about to unfold. Already, when I left the dorms, Yelling erupted behind me. Guess I'm going to have to calm down the moral compass later.

The walk to the hospital was quiet, with few people rushing around for work. A kid stopped me and asked for an autograph. I kindly agreed, I suppose being a kid at hopes peak, people look up to me. He was a sweet kid, curly red hair and freckles.

I arrived at the bustling hospital, people rushing around, doctors, nurses, and others. Again the smell of the hospital filled my lungs. I felt like I've been here for years, even though it's been days. I walk up to the nurse.

"Can I just-"

"Just go, hea getting ready to leave." She looked up and sighed. I smiled and rushed to room 11037.

"Hey, firecracker!" I smiled at him, Mondo looked back grinning. He was out of his bed, still in crutches though.

"Hey shortcake! Let's leave! I'm ready to leave this hellhole." mondo hugged me.

I followed him through the hospital, He was a lot happier than usual. His stitch healed well but he has to wear a cast for a couple of days.

"It sucks! I can't work out, ride my bike, anything! But hey at least I'm out of the hospital!" Mondo exclaimed.

"You can stay with me, I can help take care of you." I offered, Mondo's face turned red.

"I...ugh...you don't have to." He stuttered. I shook my head.

"It's fine, and it's more time to learn math!" I chuckled.

"Yeah, it's easy when you have to world's cutest teacher!" Mondo flirted, now it was my turn to be flustered.

"I...thank you," my face flushed, Mondo chuckled. The conversation went on like that, flirting and jokes. I waited while he signed out of the hospital, then we walked home, chatting still.

Arriving at the dorm, it seemed the fight between Byakuya and Taka ceased. Byakuya enjoyed a cup of tea in the kitchen, Toko sat close to him but didn't say a word. I bet Takas is in his dorm, cleaning, and grumbling, knowing him. Byakuya looked over at me and Mondo, then scoffed.

"That's why it is been quieter here than usual, the narwhal hasn't been here, and y/n," Byakuya rolled his eyes. "Does your palm itch again? Or what you did to me satisfy it?"

"Palm itch?" Mondo muttered.

"Ya know what, yeah, Togami, it does." I retorted.

"You seem to have the same temper as your bestial biker boy..." Byakuya sat up. "I'll be taking my leave. Tokos stench is ruining my tea and you two are ruining my mood." He sauntered out. He even walks like he has a stick in his butt.

"Taka and he fought today, don't take it personally, Mondo." I put my hand on my Boyfriends shoulder.

"Psh, Trustfund gets on everyone's nerves..." mondo muttered.

"I'm going to talk to Taka, to see if he's ok.."

"I'll wait for you," Mondo kissed my forehead.

I smiled and walked off to the moral compass's door. I knocked on it lightly. Taka opens it and smiles.

"Y/n! How are you this lovely day!" He seems calmer.

"I've been good! Are you ok? You fought with Byakuya." I asked, Taka just laughed.

"I'm fine! Some people just like to stir trouble! Luckily I sanitized the entire dorms! No one going to get sick!" Taka grins. "I must finish my dorm! Have a great day." Taka shut the door. That was weird, Taka spoke a lot faster than usual. And hed never shut the door on me.

Mondo looks at me and I walk with him to his dorm. He smiles and flopped on his bed. I sat next to him, he wraps his arms around me pulling me into his chest. He giggled. My thoughts wondered to taka, there was something different in his eyes, a slight sorrow. I have to confront him about it later, but now, I want to enjoy this moment with mondo.