The arcade

Mondo and I locked eyes in the mall. He looked back and the pastries he's holding and then at my coffee. We had the same idea. I walked over to him and smiled.

"What's that?" I asked the Biker, he looked at his pastry and chuckled.

"Just something for us..." he chuckled. I took one of his pastries and gave him a coffee. We walked together, speaking to each other. Soon we found a place to sit at the food court. I sat next to Mondo on a table, chatting lightly.

"Are you excited about prom?" I smiled at mondo, he nodded.

"Yeah, you got the dress for it right?" Mondo asked I nodded. I took a bite from the pastry, my eyes went wide. Flavors melted in your mouth as tastes exploded on your tongue. I enjoyed my pastry as Mondo watched me silently.

"This is so good!" I grinned.

"I-yeah uh...I got it at a bakery." Mondo stuttered out, his face turning a bright crimson. A giggle escapes my mouth as I watched the flustered biker. I took his hand in my own and chatted with Mondo for a while.

Soon, our pastries and coffee turned to crumbs and drops. Mondo and I whipped our mouths and stood up.

"Hey, can I tell you something?" Mondo looked at me, I nodded, he rubbed the nape of his neck.

"I've never been to a mall, so what's fun to do here?"

My mouth dropped, I took mondos hand and grinned widely, I'm about to spend my first mall date with him!

"Let's go! There are all kinds of stores we can go to!" I walked with mondo around, pointing out different shops. Soon the flashing bright neon lights of an arcade lit up.

"We can go to an arcade!" I pointed to the arcade. Mondo looked at it for a second.

"Oh yeah! I've been to these before! I used to stare at the claw machines and Daiya would smash it and take the stuff from it!" Mondo smiled at The memory.

"Oh, that's why you have so many plushes in your dorm!" I said, remembering that once when I glanced I saw an abundance of stuffed animals, mostly being dogs. Mondo's face went rosy.

"N-no I don't!" Mondo's face was a tomato. "How did you find out?! Leon told you?! I'll kill that ginger-"

"No no! Please don't kill Leon!" I calmed down Mondo. We walked in, multiple machines chimed around. Little video game characters were plastered around with a couple of claw machines.

"Want me to smash one?" Mondo pointed to the claw machine.

"No no, I'm good!" I laughed nervously. We walked around till the lights of a certain video game caught my eyes.

"Math hero!!" I rushed to the game, Mondo followed me, looking at the game and groaning.

"This looks like one of those stupid games teachers make you play.." Mondo scoffed then looked at me.
"Tell me how to play, ill play it with you."

My face lit up, I proceeded to explain the details to Mondo, who just looked confused. He nodded and I added in a coin. A pixel knight appeared and we played. Mondo was right Math Hero is a lot like those math games the teachers make you play. Which is why I am great at them! I answered questions at lightning speed, the biker would eye me as he struggled.

High score!

"Yes!" I smiled. "Call me Chiaki Nanami, cause I'm the Ultimate Gamer!"

"Psh it only causes you're a nerd." Mondo smiled and leaned down to my level. "Good job, shortcake."

"What do you want to play next?" I asked the biker and he looked around. A game caught his eyes, street fighter was across him.

"Hey, I'm good at fighting people!" Mondo smiled. "Let's try this."

I went over and put two coins in, the game lit up and we chose our fighters.

3 2 1 FIGHT

Mondo smiled as he played, I glanced back to him from time to time. We stood pressed together playing, I was surprisingly beating Mondo. Mondo furrowed his brows, as I used a final move on him.

Player 1 wins!

I stood back, a grin plastered on my face. Mondo shook his head.

"I went easy on you, 'cause you're so cute...that's it," Mondo smirked, then leaned down, kissing me on the forehead.

Hey! Sorry, this took a while. Finals and all that. I would say I'm gonna write the next one quickly, but IDK. Anyways goodnight