The night at the Lake

"Bye guys" I wave at the assortment of Bikers, they smiled and waved back. I walked with Mondo to his bike. I nervously held Mondo around the waist, bracing the ride.

"Hey, do you want me to go slower on this? You seem nervous?" Mondo asked softly.

"Yeah..." I murmured. Mondo nodded.

"Want to go to one last place...Just the two of us." Mondo said, a light pink flushing his face. I copied his face, a blush dusting my face.

"Sure," I agreed.

Mondo rode off, actually the following traffic laws. I smile, my fear overwhelmed my excitement back then. But now, the wind hit my face, I leaned in and smiled. Mondo noticed and chuckled. After a while, the buildings turned to trees, and we were far away from the city. The country field the air, giving a fresh appeal that the city could never beat.

We appeared at a lake, Mondo and I hopped off the bike and walked over there.

"This is it!" Mondo smiled.

The sky was cloudy, making the lake seem dark, yet mystical. The trees lit up, reflection sparkled the water. A mini galaxy or purples and blues covered it, with sparkles lighting up parts of it.

"Woah, this is beautiful..." I whispered.

"That's why I brought you here." Mondo took his jacket and laid it on the grass. He laid down, I laid next to him, resting my head on his chest. Everything felt right, like when he hugged me. I took a breath the fresh country air filled my lungs.

"Can I tell you another thing you can do here..." Mondo smiled.

"What?" I asked. He stood up, and I followed him.

"You have stress? Just scream it out." Mondo stood up.

I took a breath. "I'M TIRED OF MY FATHER TRYING TO RECONNECT WITH ME! AND ACTING LIKE WE'RE NORMAL WHEN HE'S HURT, PEOPLE. I'M TIRED OF BEING COMPARED TO KANNA. I'M NEVER RESPECTED IN MY FAMILY BECAUSE OF MY CHOICES! I WANT IT TO STOP!!!"

I breathed out, smiling.

Mondo stepped up and took inhaled.

"I'M NOT LIKE MY BROTHER, HE'S STRONGER THAN ME! SO MANY PEOPLE ARE STRONGER THAN ME! I FEEL SO WEAK ALL THE TIME! AND I'M NOT READY TO BE THE HEAD OF THE GANG! I KNOW IM GOING TO DISAPPOINT EVERY ONE BECAUSE IM WEAK!" tears formed in his eyes and he screamed. I took both his hands. I never knew Mondo felt this way... I thought he knew that he was strong. He was as strong in my mind.

"Mondo... I never knew you felt that way. You're strong, you're the strongest person I've known. That's why I admired you, you were brave and could do things I never dreamed of." I whispered

"Y/n..." Mondo looked at me, nothing more than love in his violet eyes.

It happens in seconds, our lips connected, he cupped my cheek. It was nothing more than a kiss, but it was everything to me. The way his warmth radiated to my body. The way I can he's smiling through his lips. Everything was right then, everything was perfect. We pulled away, chuckling.

We stood there a second staring into the eyes of each other. Mondo's eyes look like a meadow of violet, filled with love. A drop of water hit our faces, then another, then it started pouring. The water hit us like bullets.

"Holy crap!" Mondo cursed under his breath, he took his jacket from the grass and covered us. We ran to his bike, and mondo revved it and sped off. The ride was quiet between us, I held him tighter.

All I saw were headlights and heard the crashing and screams of Mondo.