Learning and love

Will fix mistakes later!
The class ended, I stood up and got my stuff. Mondo followed. We walked together out of the classroom, hand in hand. Mondo kept cracking jokes and laughing with me. I opened my dorm room, Mondo looked around it. It was neat other than my desk, with was covered in notes and graph paper, all filled with notes and equations. I quickly shuffled the papers off my desk.

"Your room is so much neater than mine" Mondo remarked.

"Thank you," I started. "So first I should test to see where you are, math-wise." I proceeded to make a couple of math equations and handed them to Mondo.

Mondo looked at the paper, then looked back at me.

"I got this! Don't worry, shortcake" Mondo grinned. He sat down and started to write. I sat down on my bed, Silently watching him. His eyes filled with focus and determination, his large figure trying to fit in my desk, I laughed softly at how...cute he was.

"Done!" Mondo smiled like a puppy and handed it to me. I started to look through the math. He got them all wrong. I silently started to mark all of them. Mondo grinned and looked over my shoulder.

"How did I do?!" He asked. I inhaled.

"Well, You get an A for effort! And being handsome...but you got all of them wrong."

Mondos face dropped. "Oh..."

"It's ok! We just have a long way to go!" I smiled. He smiled back.

We spent the rest of the afternoon teaching and learning equations. Mondo kept trying, determined to learn, his scribbly handwriting filling the paper. He is getting better, just slowly. I can't complain, I was like him, just fitness-wise. Leaned back, stretching.

"I think that's it!" I smile at him. He gave a grin.

"Thanks! I don't know where it is without you." Mondo hugged me. "I'll make dinner for us!"

"You can cook?" I looked at him surprised. He nodded then walked to my kitchen. I followed him and sat at my table, working on the plans for the next tutoring session. Mondo took off his coat, leaving his usual white tank top, And then got to work. I glance over to him from time to time, watching him cook. After a couple of minutes, he came back with two bowls of soup.

It smelled heavenly, then I took a bite. My eyes went wide, it was so delicious.

"Mondo, this is so good!" I exclaimed. "I didn't know you could cook!"

Mondo blushed slightly. "Yeah, when Daiya was off with his gang, id stay with these two ladies. They were like my mom's kind of... they taught me how to cook well! They also taught me to never hurt a woman!"

My heart sank. "What happened to your real parents?"

Mono shrugged. "It's ok! Sometimes times would be rough with me and Daiya, and I never knew my parents...but I swear! When I get a job, I and Daiya are going to live a good life. And hopefully, I will...with you, y/n."

My heart fluttered, I smiled wide at his words. I grabbed his hand.

"I-i lost my mom when I was young too. Then I left my father and family. I swear I'm not like them, I will break the cycle. I don't...want to hurt people. And mondo I want to spend my life with you too." I whispered.

He clasped my hand, we stayed like that for a couple of seconds. Everything again felt at peace. We both were determined to live a better life, together.

Ring ring ring ring ring

Two chapters in one day! I'm still working on the next one! Sleep, tight kids