Under the cherry tree

Ok but Mondo in this 0-0 H O N K E R S

I woke up, the girls were surrounding me. I groggily got up and checked my phone. I groaned at who it is.

Monster "dad"

Oh yeah, this is a formal event, wear formal clothing, be there at 5

Nothing is worse than this party, or my dad. I stumble past the sleeping girls and to my dorm. I slowly got ready for the day, soaking in the early daylight. I should make the best of my Sunday morning. I make a cup of coffee just how I like, and sot on my sofa staring out my window.

The fresh lights of the day peeked through the school, slowly waking the world for a new day, and warming me in my house. The calming morning was silent, just how I like it.

I wonder how my mom is, I miss her every day. I look back at my photo of me and her. I was only eight when she died, but I still think about her. She was the most beautiful woman in the world and the kindest person to anyone.

"I love you, mom," I whisper at the photo. I spent the rest of the morning working. In so close to cracking this equation, Maybe if i-

Knock knock

I stumble out of my thoughts. Oh, stupid, open the door. I quickly see Mondo, my face blushed. I make a small smile and greet him.

"Oh hello, Mondo, what do you need?"

His face turned red, he cleared his throat.

"Uh, Y/n.. will you...geez...wanna hang out." I stuttered out, gosh he was so cute when he was nervous. I giggled softly,

"Of course!"

I followed him through the dorms, him being unusually quiet, his usual confident stance turned nervous. He did the same to me, my heartbeat out of my chest, my breath shortened, my face flushed. I surely did fall this biker, maybe he fell for me.

I followed him out, the cool breeze hitting my body, forming goosebumps. Yet after that, the sun warmed my skin, it was one of that morning where it seem the gods fought over the temperature, giving a mixed atmosphere. The yards of the school were surprisingly empty, it seemed it was just me and him. We arrived at a large tree at the school. Mondo went behind it and grabbed something and handed it to me.

"These are for you," Mondo's face flushed to a deep crimson, I soon matched it as I noticed what they were. They were a bouquet of red roses, all tied up, on the note, it said "for y/n"

"Y/n," Mondo mumbled, then proceeded to shout. "I HAVE FEELINGS FOR YOU, PLEASE GO OUT WITH ME!!"

I stepped back at his shouting, then my face flushed more at his words. Does he have feelings for me? My heart felt like it was going to beat out my chest, a feeling of relief and happiness washed over me.

"Mondo I-i, well-" I fumbled my words

Mondo hid his face, "you're going to be the 11th girl, aren't you?"

I looked at him confused. He sighed.

"You're going to reject me, 10 other girls have done it to me. I'm sorry for yelling."

"Mondo, No." I grabbed his hand, which was much larger than mine. He looked back at me, then grasped my hand.

"IHAVEFEELINGSFORYOUTOO!!" My face flushed again, I got so nervous I yelled and spoke too fast.
Mondo chuckled and embraced me.

Everything felt right then. All my fears and insecurities washed away, I felt protected in Mondo's arms. I hugged back, hoping time would stop, so I could savor this just a little more. Just a second more, just for a little more of this feeling. I inhaled, the smoky smell of his body filled my lungs. I stood there for what felt like years, yet it was only seconds till we pulled away.

"I had to tell you that, sorry, I think I squashed the roses." Mondo chuckled, I smiled.

"It's fine."

I intertwined my hand into his, and we walked away, together.