Yaksha's Love

[A/N: Hello everyone and happy New Year 2022!! Here's to hoping your holidays were full of nothing but cheer! We finally return here to Xiaolumi for season 3 but we won't be going to Sumeru right away. After a lot of thought and considering your inputs they'll be getting married back in Liyue around Xiao's birthday. Anyways this chapter is very chill and is a small timeskip, taking place couple weeks after they have left Enkanomiya behind. I look forward to taking this next wild ride for season 3 as it promises to be LONGER then season 2!!! Please excuse me, I got more research on Liyue weddings to do so I hope you enjoy this chilly chapter.]

............................................................

The harmonic sound of bird sound on the gentle, cool spring breeze carried far and wide. The gentle warmth of the morning sun stirring the wildlife and citizens of Narukami Island into the waking world. Where there was once frost and snow was now damp earth as trees began to again regain their indigo and green leaves as blossoms bloomed. Petals cast to the wind like a gentle rain to fall and fill the streets of Inazuma City. Butterflies and electro crystalflies once gone had returned as foxes yipped and played.

In the woods of Chiyo Forest's cold blue glow a small heard of shika deer leaped and hopped away as plump, bushy tailed tanuki came out from their dens. While hoping and scurrying through the branches squirrels went about their business. Below the first signs of flowers beginning to grow and bloom could be seen. Towards the Yashiro Commission and the estate of the Kamisato Clan there was much hustle and bustle from the guards and staff. A certain blonde housekeeper was busy tending the garden and clearing out the debris from the months of a long winter. The last few days there had been much gossip and chatter due to the clan's very, very special guests.

"I can't believe the Traveler is getting married!"whispered a passing maid down the halls of the clan's home, baskets of laundry in hand. 

"Right? She looks so young and its to that handsome young man. But doesn't he come off rather frightening?"asked the other in concern.

"You only find him frightening cause he's not human. I hear he's actually an adeptus from Liyue. As for Traveler-sama she looks young but I overheard Thoma-san say she's actually of marrying age. Classic case of looking younger then she really is."countered the older maid. Their chatter went down to hushed whispers as they passed the sliding screen doors. The room beyond them heavily guarded signaling the very important guests inside. 

Inside said room the gentle morning light had begun to dapple the large, elegant guest quarters. Dark maple wood furniture filled the room along with delicate flower arrangements and décor. Ink calligraphy paintings covered the walls from indigo violet scrolls. On the far side of the room a plush dark maple wood king sized bed with indigo bed sheets could be seen with two lone figures curled up and snuggled close. Content was the beautiful petite golden blonde snuggled up into the bare chest of the boy laying beside her. His dark ebony hair with teal undertones tickling her face making her mummer but never wake. 

Adoring, loving golden tiger-like half lidded eyes more then happy to just lay there and run his scarred hand through her hair. His elfin ears just poking through his own bad case of bed head while resting his head on his other hand. The morning light catching the distinct glimmer of two silver rings on the couple's hands as he let out a bird-like hum of contentment. "What did I do to deserve somebody so wonderful?"he thought with a smile. But as much as he wanted to do so he couldn't just lie here all day snuggling his beloved traveler and watch her sleep. Such a shame she had her hair cut back to being short in the back. Lumine had looked even more beautiful with her golden hair growing out over these months. 

Her injuries from the Electro Archon and the Fatui had all but healed up with very little evidence left. Faint scars, still raw and red were the only evidence that she had ever almost lost her life last year during autumn. Her stamina was still not completely back but she had improved enough she had been deemed recovered enough to come out of their hide away below Watatsumi a few days ago. Which brought them here to the home of the Kamisato siblings. But their...activities from last night, Lumine would no doubt be exhausted. "I'll let her sleep, she's more then earned this moment's repose."he thought slowly sitting up revealing his bare, finely toned upper body. Countless scars faded from age and some new covered him though faint. The green tattoo in full view as he got up and vanished behind the nearby folding screen. Sighing when he realized the maid must have taken his clothes...great.