Sea Gazer

[A/N: Xiao, Lumine, Shenhe, and Paimon head down to get the jadeite for Ningguang at Sea Gazer's abode. Xiao finds something of inside the domain he thinks will make a good gift for Lumine. Oh what anime song(from game or show) do you want for Enkanomiya Arc? I'm debating between "Flower of Hell" or "Styx Helix", please let me know in comments. OH enjoy the chinese music I attached for this chapter.]

...................................................

Shenhe upon their arrival at the pool ruins stepped forward a swipe of her hand revealing the seal on the barrier. That one action to the girls' shock distorted time and reality briefly before breaking. A lone anemo seelie soon revealed to them just casually floating about. "There, I removed the adeptus art concealing the abode, we'll be able to find and enter it now."Shenhe informed.

"You've been practicing I see. Good to know Cloud Retainer's training hasn't dulled."grinned Xiao.

"That was pretty cool, I'll admit. I never get tired of seeing tricks like that."agreed Lumine.

"Wow~! That really was amazing, lets go take another look around then."suggested Paimon in amazement. Paimon looked over at spotting a familiar little anxious seelie. "Hey look, is that a new seelie over there?"

"Follow the seelie. It used to be Sea Gazer's familiar."Xiao stated following swiftly after the floating pixie.

"Right behind you."agreed Paimon as the girls followed after.

The little seelie with a melodic trill and a happy twirl came to stop in a small cliff of the waterfall. The little creature happily flying circles around them, particularly Lumine making the blonde smile in delight. The little pixie then vanished through an invisible barrier, causing the water to distort and ripple. "The seelie got to here but where did it go?"Paimon wondered.

Xiao was the one to step forward this time and walked right through the same barrier, making the girls gawk in surprise. Xiao quick to his head out from the barrier a moment later. "Well are you coming or what? We're burning daylight, move it."he huffed hastily before vanishing back inside.

Lumine could only stare in mixture of astonishment and childish wonder as she touched the barrier making it ripple. It seemed to be a dimensional door just like with Cloud Retainer's own. Shenhe not even hesitating to enter as she just walked right through. Lumine swiftly following in right after with Paimon not far behind. inside what greeted them was a beautiful sight. A sea of clouds with scattered small floating islands of gingko and sandbarrier trees. The one they were standing on lush and green with a lotus pond waterfall and greenery.

"W-What!? I thought we were at a waterfall earlier, how did we get here?"stammered one very confused celestial fairy.

"You've been in countless abodes and domains all winter and this still shocks you annoying fairy?"The girls looked up and no surprise Xiao was calmly sitting on the high branch of the massive tree. Lumine and Shenhe not shocked Xiao had instantly gravitated towards the tree, being a bird yaksha adeptus and all. 

"There you are."smiled Lumine as Xiao hopped down and went straight for them with polearm in hand. He must have just cleaned it off by how it was shining and gleaming. 

"I took care of the monsters that accumulated here, but beyond Sea Gazer's security barrier I have no idea what we'll find. The seelie went below it."Xiao informed.

"Swift and thorough as always, Lord Xiao. It's appreciated."Shenhe thanked. 

"So how do we get below the clouds?"Paimon wondered.

"Shenhe, Xiao what do you think?"Lumine asked. "I have very little experience with this sort of thing."

"Its not clouds, it only a tangible illusion. Sea Gazer was a master at this type of adepti arts...that cheerful old sea dragon adeptus loved his tricks."stated Xiao, a twinkle of amusement in his eyes. But there was slight sadness in them too. Didn't Xingqiu say that Sea Gazer died rather recently? Question was to Lumine just how recent was the death of the old adeptus that even Shenhe, only in her twenties knew? It was odd. Actually she could sense the sadness coming off Xiao which prompted Lumine to offer a smile and discretely grabbed his free hand to give it a reassuring squeeze. He seemed to get the message she wanted to convey, gently squeezing her hand.