Crude Plan

[A/N: Chasm arc continues. Wait...WHAT!? That Abyss Herald's back...Somebody pass me my Master Sword! Oh wait, wrong world...hehehehehe~]

.....................................

It had taken a long time to get Lumine to calm down but once Xiao did she relayed everything she had witnessed to them. Slight discord had risen between her and Dainslief only to come back to a mutual agreement again. However, Lumine's mood had soured as they progressed growing more irritable as they left the camp behind them to stop at the cliff face outside the cavern. The upside down ruins once again in their sight as they came out.

"Looks like we can see the upside down city from here too guys."Paimon pointed out in her observation.

Dainslief and Xiao though both noticed something amiss causing Xiao to protectively shield both his and her eyes, Dainslief's shout of warning in their ears echoing off the cave walls, "Watch out, cover your eyes!"

"What in the name of the archons was that!?"squeaked Lumine, Xiao lowered his arm's sleeve from their eyes. 

"Where did that light suddenly come from? Ow! Bright, too bright!"protested Paimon rubbing her poor eyes trying to shake the daze away. However that bright light seemed to be bothering Lumine in particular the boys had noticed. With how bright it was now they could truly see her complexion had paled considerably and she looked so exhausted.

"I don't know what's going on but it's not good."pointed out Lumine.

"Agreed. The mutation is continuing...Does this mean the Abyss are making their moves?"Dainslief wondered before turning his attention to Lumine. Concern clear in his eyes and a feeling he was not used to, almost instinctive even. "Can you keep going? You look unwell."

"I'll be fine, I've just been dealing with an annoying headache."she assured.

"Lumine, are you sure? I'm starting to think—!?"Xiao began to fuss only for a gruff, raspy voice and that threatening presence to cut him off. 

"Dainslief, I see your incessant meddling continues to persist, even going so far to once again drag Our Highness's kin into this."hissed the herald. This was not good to see Prince Either's sister, Lady Lumen here. If he so much as harmed a hair on her head he'd be punished just like that fool, Enjou. But at the same time their prince had warned her not to interfere ever again; Clearly she had not learned her lesson. "Regrettably I wasn't able to cut off your control on the network to the exit. To think of all places you'd end up here....This is an error of catastrophic portions."

"Tsk. Idiot."huffed Xiao rolling his eyes at the herald. This wasn't the first time this particular herald had screwed up. "Not the sharpest polearm in the armory is he?"the yaksha thought with an annoyed and rather bored expression. 

"Blockhead."agreed Paimon.

"Not the first time you screwed up. Didn't take much last time for me and Xiao and Dain to track you down last year."sighed Lumine hands on her hips and a deadpanned look on her face. "Enjou was a lot more clever, your not too bright are you?"

"Why you little wretch!"he hissed.

"Hmph! Seems these three have you pegged. Frankly, I'm surprised you dare to face me considering you ran away like a coward with your tail between your legs last time."Dainslief taunted crossing his arms. Seeing that Lumine and Xiao had summoned forth their weapons of brilliant jade poised and ready. 

"His Highness's will must be done, whatever the cost! This time the curse that torments our people must be undone once and for all!"growled the herald.

"Idiot. Ever stopped to consider what you'll do is only going to have the reverse effect? Of course you didn't."snarled Lumine, her patience running thin as her blade of jade began to sizzle and crackle with electro.