You Are A Mystery, Lumine

[A/N: Xiaolumi spend some time with Shenhe while on the way to Sea Gazer's abode. Shenhe notices how Xiao has changed due to Lumine. Meanwhile something's wrong with Xiao.]

.........................................................

Things had been pure chaos.

Those blasted mortals constantly making his beloved blonde anxious and panic constantly. The mental tingle it sent his way every time were enough to make him almost leave a few times. But each time had to be reassured and reminded Lumine was fine with her human friends and Shenhe. However a recent surge of anxiety tugged again caused something to happen while he was alone with Zhongli. A shock wave of agony up his spine his wings appearing again against his will.

"Xiao!?"Zhongli asked in great concern steadying the young yaksha. To his surprise seeing teal undertones threatening to give way to vermillion red. Brilliant gold flickering between jade green to gold like some tricked out light prism. "A rebound? Is he seriously going through a Courtship Rite rebound!?"he thought in growing concern.

"I-I'm fine."gasped Xiao trying to push him away carefully but just didn't have the strength to back it up at present. "It'll pass in a few minutes."

"Xiao you are not fine. I do not know why you are suffering a rebound from the rite when it went smoothly and concluded without much complications."Zhongli countered. "If you continue to ignore this, the consequences will be severe." Xiao could only glare not out of spite but guarded fear. He wasn't an idiot he knew why this was happening. But this was the third time this had happened since Seirai Island. Each time grew worse and feeling Lumine's current anxiety did not help. His instincts screaming and screeching: Protect mate, mate not finished claiming, don't leave mate! The pull growing worse to the point of like Yae had promised...a pain far worse then what he ever knew.

"She's not human."Zhongli's words making Xiao raise his head to lock his eyes on the former geo archon.

"Y-You knew?"Xiao rasped. 

"I had...suspicions since I first met Miss Lumine. Your condition is only confirming what both me and Barbatos suspected."Zhongli informed bending down and raised a hand as it began to glow softly. "I can delay the rebound's effects but you must complete the ritual." Xiao's pained whimpers soon grew into soundless and shrill screams as Zhongli started doing something to him to delay the rebounding Courtship Rite. The former archon hated seeing the young adeptus in so much agony but his temporary seal had worked as the boy's brilliant vermillion gold wings vanished in particles of light. Xiao by now collapsed and trembling on his hands and knees. "You have seven days. That's all the seal will buy you time for."

"More then enough time."Xiao stated stumbling back to his feet. Damn that had hurt severely on a level he did not like. "But you know what Lumine is?"

Zhongli sighed, "I...can not say. i want to tell you but this is something you must discover on your own."

"Ugh...Let me guess, contract?"groaned Xiao in frustration.

"Contract."confirmed Zhongli. "I'm sorry Xiao I really am but this one was made quite some time ago and I dare not break my promise to her."

"I understand, M'Lord."he sighed. Xiao not long after vanishing in a dark mist leaving Zhongli standing there alone in the field.