Enjou's Warning

[A/N: Xiaolumi and Kokomi after dealing with the vishaps to retrieve the blood coral encounter Enjou again. But he brings forth some shocking revelations they may not want to hear. As usual I provided music for this chapter, I hope you enjoy.]

.........................................

Left.

Right.

These three huge vishaps would not let up for one second as they attacked. They weren't sure why but they seemed to be targeting Lumine in particular. But before their eyes as Kokomi and Xiao each kept one busy. Lumine's movements were aggressive and swift, practically dancing circles around her foe. it was like watching the old dances of his tribe or seeing the aggressive war dances of Natlan the way she moved. Anemo, Geo, Electro all at her command as  Lumine's blade met touch scales. 

The beasts howling in fury and rage before taking a swipe at them. The first one to fall was the one that made the mistake first. That was not going to be the trio as they fought for their lives against these formidable creatures. Lumine letting out a cry as she with ease used her geo boulders to cage in the vishap before with a blast of electro and anemo plunged through the fiend's back, the look of hatred as its reptilian eyes glared before turning vacant and dull. Falling to the ground with a thud. The remaining were fast to dive back into the water and flee. Lumine quick to harvest the coral from the body with a slash of her blade of jade.

"That was so cool! Paimon can't believe what she saw!"came the excited squeak as Kokomi and Xiao came over. All of them had some minor cuts and bruises but the blood covering Lumine was not her's at all. Lumine had come out of this relatively unscathed, though she looked positively exhausted as she hopped off the dead beast's back almost stumbling before Xiao had bolted forward to steady her.

"Easy now."he soothed.

"T-That was almost as hard as my fight with the damn harbingers."she panted.

"You fought well, Lumine-chan and Xiao-sama."praised Kokomi. Though she still looked very troubled and getting lost to her tactful thoughts. It was so unlike the priestess who always had a thing to say.

"Kokomi is something bothering you?"Lumine asked going over to her friend's side. out of concern putting her hand on Kokomi's shoulder. Down here Kokomi wasn't the leader of her people and the Watatsumi Shrine of Oroboshi; She was just another human girl.

"Those vishaps, I noticed you seemed to understand their language."Xiao pointed out.

"I-I'm not sure myself they just started —!?"Kokomi began but was cut off at the sound of clapping. The sound caught their attention to see Enjou was applauding them as he approached.

"Enjou!?"

"Enjou-san."

"Well, well color me impressed! You not only held your own against that pod of Vishaps but Lumine actually defeated one all on your own! Most impressive, indeed!"praised Enjou as he came to a stop before them. The ebony haired scholar had an eccentric, gleeful look of hope and excitement. "Do you mind if I touch it?"

"Eh!?"Paimon and Kokomi had baffled looks at this.

"Enjou, care to explain where you went?"Lumine asked, Xiao beside her keeping a close watch on the man.

"Yeah you vanished without a trace, Enjou. Where'd you go and what are you doing down here?"Paimon asked in agreement.

Enjou's expression turned deathly calm as he put his hand to his hips. Something did not seem right here to Kokomi, Xiao, and Lumine. Forcing them to mentally keep their guards up. "Actually regardless if you or the Divine Priestess here grants me permission I am going to touch it. They're the mortal foes of humanity, after all and I may never get an opportunity like this again."