Combing Rite of Fortune

[A/N: Seems Liyue are making a giant fuss over Xiao and Lumine's up coming wedding as news some how leaked out from the Qixing of this news. mixed with the news of the jade Chamber being rebuilt, its caused chaos to ensue. Xiaolumi with a little help from Shenhe manage to get to somewhere only Xiao knows. Meanwhile they have a prewedding ceremony to get to. Oh enjoy the Inuyasha music for this silly but also calm/sweet chapter.]

....................................................................

"Wait please give us your blessings oh great and illuminated adeptus!!"

"Tell us how to gain favor too, Traveler!"

This had become ridiculous and beyond stressful for poor Lumine and Xiao as they were dodging the crazy people left and right. Actually that was what was happening right now as they with their newest friend, Yunjin and Shenhe were helping them make a break for it. Even Paimon and Lumine's Monstandt friends were lending aid blocking or diverting the crowds. Kaeya literally getting in trouble for using his vision to create a blocking wall of ice just seconds ago. 

"Do they ever give up?"panted Lumine. "I-I'm starting to see why you hate coming into town."

"Huh they have been like this for the last few centuries it never lets up."sighed Xiao. However he flinched at spotting more people. "Not again..."

"OH COME ON!!"wailed Lumine in frustration tossing her arms up in protest. All she wanted to do today was spend time alone before their wedding tomorrow. Was that too much to ask? Apparently it is with how crazy both their fame and infamy was.

"This way."Xiao swiftly grabbed Lumine's hand and lead her away towards the beautiful garden area that lead to the pharmacy and classier part of the city. Unfortunately more people were coming, forcing Xiao to scoop Lumine up into his arms so he could run faster. Dashing around and over them with a blast of anemo and dark mist. 

"Lord Xiao this way!"cried out Shenhe and with her was Yunjin swiftly motioning for them to come over. Spotting them he wasted no time hurrying over towards the stairs leading out of the city. 

"Go, we'll buy you time and distract them. We already gave the materials for the wonder cores and Shenhe just finished the sigils."Yunjin hastily assured. 

"You run along, hurry and enjoy your time before you both go for the ritual."Shenhe urged. "We got this handled."

"Oh yeah that's tonight isn't it!? Cloud Retainer mentioned something about hair brushing or something."Lumine recalled.

"Enough idle chattering lets hurry."urged Xiao.

"Alright, alright I'm coming."giggled Lumine as let him whisk her away in a dark mist. Leaving the city behind. Once safely in Juyan Karst He didn't set her down until they reached one particular spot near Mt.Aozang. Hidden away by a gingko tree and shrubbery was a waterfall cave. Nimble and lithe he carried her inside before setting her down. The rumble of the water like a thundering curtain of water hid them safely from view. But this little spot Lumine realized had evidence somebody used to use this waterfall cave. clear signs of golden feathers gave away who.

"Xiao what is this place?"Lumine asked as Xiao sat down leaning against the tree's ancient trunk growing through the bed rock. The roof opening to reveal light dappling through the golden leafy canopy. 

"I used to come here when I was a lot younger. Not long after Lord Morax freed me actually and gave me my name. Only myself, Lord Morax, and the adepti know this little cave."Xiao informed. "We'll be safe here."

"Your own lil' hideout that's cool."Lumine hummed as she moved over to join him. More then content to finally have time alone with him as she rested and leaned against him. A soft smile as Xiao brought out his flute from his dimensional storage. Lumine's honey amber eyes lit up in delight as she realized his intentions. They had an hour or two before they'd have to go so this little moments, these tender and soft ones together more precious then jewels. Xiao began playing and Lumine more then content to hum along realizing it was the same song Xiao had sang and played for her many times now.