You Are Cordially Invited

[A/N: With Xiaolumi making their return trip to Liyue they bid farewell to their Inazuman friends. Meanwhile lets see what Zhongli's up to as he works alongside the adepti and the Qixing to ensure the wedding preparations go smooth. We also see who the invitations get sent out to. With this we enter the Bonding Rite Arc of Season 3 and I hope you enjoy the song for Archon Quest interlude Arc!]

......................................

It had taken awhile but finally they had broken through the storm barrier in the little boat. It had taken a few days without much rest...actually no sleep at all. The poor girls looked dead tired on their feet to the young yaksha. So with some convincing he had managed to get Lumine to drop anchor for now. It would be another few days before they reached Liyue's port.

"Finally Paimon thought we'd loose the boat a few times..."Paimon sighed before yawning. The fairy sleepily floating over to flop into the hammock inside. 

Xiao to Lumine's surprise ended up scooping her off her feet, making her squeak in surprise but giggled as he kissed her. Holding her close as he carried her to the cot. "It's one thing for me to go days without sleep Lumi, adepti don't require it as much as mortals do."he hummed setting her down with care. "Try and sleep, I'll be here."

"I guess I really do look that tired huh?"she yawned sleepily, nuzzling into his gentle touch.

"You do. Now sleep, my precious star."he soothed. Before his eyes his beloved was soon fast asleep. But he felt a static shock go up his spine as he walked away. Eyes of brilliant gold once again jade green streaks of vermillion undertones threatening to consume teal as he stumbled with a gasp. His gaze turned to the reflection in the near by mirror and he was stunned. "What is happening?"he whispered in confusion. The courtship rite had concluded so why was these strange changes happening? Then his brow furrowed as Yae's warning echoed in hiss mind...

"Are you certain the Traveler is mortal little bird?"Yae hummed inspecting as Xiao sat down in the center of the spiral of lanterns. His sharp gaze looking at her in annoyance....

Xiao's turned wide as he turned to Lumine. Those primal instincts screaming: Mate...mate not completely claimed...must finish what was started....my mate!! Xiao shivered at the thoughts and desires of those instincts. He knew how strong they were due to last year but...was this really how intense it was for his race? Was he actually suffering the unthinkable rebound? His gaze never leaving Lumine his hand trembling as he reached out as his appearance changed back to normal. If she was not human then what was his bride-to-be then?

"Lumine...just who or what are you?"he whispered. He felt scared and worried and confused. "I don't want to hurt her."he thought with a shaky breath. Breath he just had to breath and stay calm and mediate. So he went over to just sit down closing his eyes as he slowed his breathing to focus and mediate. He could handle his primal side; patience...he needed patience. However he felt it, a burning shock back up his spine. His wings appearing against his will. What was happening to him?

 What was happening to him?