A Snake's Wisdom

[A/N: Concerned, Lumine seeks out Baizhu since Zhongli and the adepti are currently too busy. This man may know more then they realize about Xiao and his origins then he lets on. I hope you all enjoy the song I put for Baizhu.]

........................................

"My, my, back so soon Miss Lumine?"

There before her was the owner and head healer of Bubu Pharmacy itself. The tall, slender frail man her snake-like eyes so sly and observant. His habit of resting his hand near his mouth or chin making itself known as Changsheng's tongue flicking out at the air as all snake do. The afternoon light casting long shadows adding an air of eerie unease. But Lumine still offered a small smile in greeting. Baizhu as mysterious and silver tongued as he was....he was still her doctor and the one that saved her life last year when brought to him. "So what do I owe this visit? I trust married life is treating you well."he hummed.

"I'm fine but I need your help...s-something's wrong but I can't tell you about it here. Walls have ears, Dr.Baizhu."Lumine stammered trying to keep her anxiety under control. 

Baizhu smiled in understanding swiftly getting the situation at hand. His snake partner turning to face the receptionist as she spoke, "We will be going out, pleassse inform the ssstaff Baizhu will be unavailable and issss with an important client."

"Yes Miss Changsheng."agreed the receptionist before hurrying off.

"Now, you have me all to yourself, my dear. Where do you wish for us to talk?"Baizhu inquired.

Lumine to his surprise handed him some kind of sigil, "Easier if I show rather then tell."

"Oh?"Baizhu's curiosity began to grow as Changsheng slithered down a bit to investigate the sigil, her tongue flickering with interest. Lumine swiftly to offer her hand which he took as she whisked them away in a golden white light before their eyes, reappearing where her serenitea pot still stood undisturbed in Xiao's room at Wanshu Inn. Not wasting a moment's breathe she lifted the lid on the teapot and took Baizhu inside.

Lumine leaned against the wall outside her bedroom anxiously, refusing to wander too far away while Baizhu was examining Xiao

Lumine leaned against the wall outside her bedroom anxiously, refusing to wander too far away while Baizhu was examining Xiao. The healer hadn't been in there long before coming out closing the door behind him with a look of intrigue. "Now that was fascinating, most intriguing."he grinned.

"Is Xiao alright?"Lumine asked swiftly.

"Oh he's healthy as can be, my dear. Most amusing to see his race's ritual happening."Baizhu informed, as if it was common knowledge. Lumine though looked so confused and baffled as Baizhu began to chuckle.

"Baizhu this is serious, I'm worried for him!"Lumine rebuked. "And what ritual? We already did the courtship rite."

Baizhi to her surprise pulled down her scarf to reveal the crescent moon shaped feather mark was actually fading. Revealed as Baizhu pulled out a small pocket mirror from his dimensional storage to show her. "You poor, poor thing...how in the dark both you and that young yaksha are."