Sly Old Fox

[A/N: Yae quest concludes here. I must say I really loved this quest due to being an artist and writer myself. The quest itself has heavy foreshadow to Lumine's future that so many actually missed(sneaky Hoyo, very sneaky) though so I hope you enjoy this.]

................................................

Days had passed and the book's sales did delightfully well much to Lumine's joy and Xiao's amusement. Lumine seemed to be doing better today then she had the last few days prior. Was it really just stress and over exerting herself due to her seal that had done this? Seemed to be the case. The book and Yae's plan had worked to stop people from being so reckless, messing around with things they shouldn't that could bring forth the souls of the dead....or rather the souls of yokai. "But why a moonless night?"Lumine wondered as they followed Yae to some rundown cavern. 

The energy inside made Paimon frightened and Xiao restless as they ventured in to reveal some sort of underground basement or studio of some sort. Countless paintings and even tricked out rooms with mirrors made Lumine think of a creepy funhouse. Lumine never liked anything spooky or creepy so she felt very on edge. Something that did not go unnoticed by Xiao and Miko. Lumine practically jumping out of her skin when Xiao tapped her shoulder.

"Eeeeiiihhhhh!!!!!"

"Lumine, its just me."he assured.

"S-Sorry. Places like this give me the creeps..."stuttered Lumine as they entered a a painting came into sight. An ominous painting of three tori gates with a red sky and a full moon actually made Lumine freeze. The sight itself bringing horrible memories to the point she was trembling. Xiao swift to step in and grab her firmly by the shoulders, getting her to focus on him. "Lumine your not in Khaenri'ah, you are safe."he whispered wiping away the tears that threatened to fall. His dear mate giving a slow and faint nod.

"You have nothing to fear little one, I can assure you that. Ei-chan and Morax-senpai would never let me hear the end of it if any harm came to you both on my watch."hummed the pinkette kitsune. 

"We believe you."piped up Paimon. The fairy turning her gaze to the painting with a curious huff of understanding as to why Lumine had been creeped out. "But Paimon agrees with Lumine...What a weird painting. Miko, do you know what it's suppose to show?"

"I-I don't wanna think about that painting."protested Lumine stubbornly before actually going to hide her face in Xiao's shoulder. There was that sudden ripple of fear he sensed from her again. The painting must have really shook her, stirring those bad memories of the disaster she and Aether had tried to flee from. 

"Hmm...if I have to guess probably a scene from ancient Inazuma."suggested Yae with a curious twitch of her ear. The art style seemed vaguely familiar to her though.

"it's a great piece of artwork and all but...Paimon finds it spooky..."gulped Paimon nervously.

"It is impressive but I don't like what it is conveying."Xiao stated bluntly carefully trying to soothe and ease lumine away from him. Eventually it worked, getting Lumine calming down just enough.

Upon closer inspection Xiao could see a signature as all painters did in the corner of the painting. "Rakusai huh?"he noted. The small group then went on their way soon entering a large studio room with the same massive painting, turning with the entire wall. Only this time it was being reflected by a large mirror with a stool in front of it. Poor Paimon was now also very freaked out by this place just as much as Lumine. 

"Ok then, the next step I'll show you a quick kitsune spell. This mirror is a swift summoning medium, allowing me to skip some of the more hmm...tedious steps."hummed Yae.