Crane In The Harbor

[A/N: Xiao and Lumine arrive back in Liyue after spending all winter in Inazuma. They come back to see Liyue in the midst of a festival and utter chaos. They soon have a run in with a rather interesting exorcist that Xiao's actually familiar with!? Archon quest start(jade chamber rebuild).]

..............................................................

The soft rustle of the gingko leaves on the April spring breeze along with bird song eased the world that dawn into the morning light. Soft hues and a gentle warmth cast onto the humble Wanshu Inn. Oddly the inn had been blocked off and closed from accepting traveling adventurers and merchents. All around the outdoor patio and area beautiful decor of gold and red a bright spirit of excitement and cheer. Lanterns with the crest of the Geo archon but also of a rising vermillion bird could be seen.

"Make sure those flowers and streamers are put over there and where are those firecrackers!?"came the firm shouts of Keqing.

"Coming soon Lady Keqing, it should be here by tomorrow!"shouted one of the soldiers.

"One can see you're making much progress."hummed Cloud Retainer as she landed not far away. 

"We've been following the instruction of your's and the the others with Mr.Zhongli's help. It's very much appreciated Cloud Retainer."Keqing greeted.

"All shall go accordingly as long as everything is followed to the finest detail. This one can assure it to be so."Cloud Retainer assured.

"Ganyu and Ningguang got a hold of some tailors so leave the bride's maids and  such to us Qixing.  As agreed we'll let you Cloud Retainer handle Lumine and Xiao."Keqing smiled. It still felt so strange that her friend, now nineteen was marrying an adeptus. But then again...the traveler was never a normal person to start with. "As long as he treats her well I will not pry."she thought going back to getting everything ready. She only had a few more days to do it and it had to be done to perfection for her friend. Lumine had done so much for Liyue, this was the least she could do.

It was just a little bit after noon when Lumine had finished her daily work for the guild

It was just a little bit after noon when Lumine had finished her daily work for the guild. A bit dusty and battered but she had gotten her work done and Xiao had promised to meet her and Ningguang at Yujing Terrace. Whispers and rumors had been what greeted them when the trio arrived in the harbor city. But they seemed to be split between two subjects: Jade Chamber being rebuilt and the Sacred Bonding Festival. Which brought her to her current situation as she with Paimon were listening in on Ningguang's briefing for a contest for the Jade Chamber reconstruction.

"Rebuild the Jade Chamber? That's  HUGE project alright!"gawked one man.

"So those rumors of the rebuilt is true. Not to mention the marriage for the adeptus about to happen...no wonder the prices on merchandise has gone up so much..."hummed another.

Lumine though just listened lost in her own thoughts. It may have been Ningguang that gave the ok to do it back then....but she felt guilty. It was at this time Xiao appeared not far away on the pavillion's wall. His golden tiger-like gaze as always not leaving Lumine's where abouts. That is until he sensed something familiar. His gaze moving to spot a silver haired mortal. "Shenhe?"he thought as the crowd left. Swiftly as soon as Ningguang finished he went over to appear beside Lumine in a wisp of dark mist.