Safe Here In Your Arms

[A/N: With that we start the Festival Arc and with it a new opening song for you guys too. The Irodori Festival is here but seems due to the events of Enkanomiya's abyssal darkness, Xiao's now rather ill and recovering. Nothing a sick day and some tlc won't fix. Lumine ends up doing something very sweet for Xiao while he recovers.]

.....................................................

Summer would be starting tomorrow and all around Narukami Island the island was abuzz with excitement. Festive decorations filled the streets of the towns and city and the shrine. Children laughing as they dashed away with sparkler sticks as festive atmosphere brought glee and many smiling faces. May was just on the horizon and with it summer coming to bring spring to a close. A lone little pair of finches singing happily as they landed on the branch of the lone plum blossom tree at their net full with two eggs. Happily singing their soft melodies while a lone blonde hurried past and up the stairs inside and made a v-line straight for the guest quarters.

"I'm back, Miko!"she called giving a backwards kick to the door since her hands were full with a basket of supplies. Across the room was the kitsune priestess checking over ailing yaksha curled up in the bed. Paimon's worry as she was only able to watch as Lumine came slowly over, setting the basket down at the base of the nightstand.

"Did you bring what I asked little one?"hummed Yae. 

"Yeah. Should be all there though I had to go to the shrine to get much of it."confirmed Lumine. sadness on her face laced with concern as she looked over to the suffering dark haired yaksha plagued with a fever that would surely kill a human. He'd been like this since they arrived back from Enkanomiya. By now he'd been helped into some more comfortable night clothes. She hated seeing him suffer in this way.

"He just needs to rest. Give him another day and he'll be back to himself and whatever you do don't' permit to leave this room."instructed Yae as she grabbed the vial of medicine to set aside on that table. "I won't force him, he'll just fight me but you little one? I have no doubt he'll listen and comply if its you Lumine-chan."

"Alright I'll make sure he takes it when he wakes up. Thank you for coming to make sure Xiao's alright."thanked Lumine sitting down at the edge of the bed. Yae giggled with her usual fox-like grin of mischief as she began to leave. 

"Wait! What Paimon doesn't understand is why couldn't Xiao fight back or disobey Tsumi when she took his mask."Paimon's words made Yae freeze in place her pupils narrowed to slits.

"So that slithering serpent was taught the lil' bird's most guarded secret."Yae's tone was uncharactistically cold. Her pupils actually glowing briefly casting a ominous aura around her that left the air heavy and thick. "Lumine-chan do not let anybody lay so much as a finger on your mate's mask. You got lucky this time, little one that she didn't follow through her sneaky lil' tactic."

"I understand."agreed Lumine firmly understanding as she recalled Tsumi's words. Satisified by this promise Yae smiled warmly and left closing the door behind her. Lumine turned her attention to Xiao taking the damp cloth and dipping it back into the cold water before wringing it out and putting it back on his forehead. A soft groan alerting her as bleary golden eyes opened to look at her. 

"Oh he's awake."noted Paimon. "Hey sleepyhead."

"...Lumine?"he whispered. "That kitsune was here wasn't she?"

"Yes, she was just helping you earlier."Lumine assured. "How you feeling?"

"Hmn..."he groaned reaching up to cover his eyes with his arm. His skull wouldn't stop pounding. The sunlight not helping matters at all in the slightest nor his sensitive senses. Seeing this Paimon flew over and closed the balcony doors and curtains. That helped to dull the light and outside noises bothering him. Making him sigh in relief before going into a state of panic as he recalled what had happened with him and Tsumi taking his mask. Making him bolt up in a panic. "My mask!"he thought in great distress.