Lumen De Lumine PT II

[A/N: Due to how toxic the abyss's darkness is Xiao's forced into quite the corner even with the protection of the box in their hands. Enjou once again gives a warning to Lumine. Yes I did put Moon Halo from Honkai for this chapter. lol I just think it fits here for some reason.]

...........................................

"TSUMI!!"

The masked miko looked up from where she stood at the statue with the coral glowing gold not far from the camp site. Running straight for her was Lumine and the strange floating fairy creature called Paimon. However it was seeing the dark haired male yaksha on the blonde's back that revealed the truth of what happened. it sent Tsumi running straight for them. "What happened?"she asked. He had no serious injuries on his body that Tsumi could see.

"Paimon doesn't know he just suddenly started coughing up blood and collapsed."Paimon explained.

"P-Please...please you gotta help him!"pleaded Lumine choking back her sobs. Just how did this happen? Lumine didn't know for sure. She had been so careful not to let him wander far and stay within her reach this time. Tsumi wasting no time checking him over on his vitals. His heart beat was fast and breathing labored. With a hiss and furrow of Tsumi's brows she knew now what happened. 

"Quickly set him down over at the base of the statue."Tsumi instructed and Lumine wasted no time, being careful of his wings as she laid him down against it. Tsumi hurrying over in in a odd ripple of primitive energy brought out some kind of vial. "He's been poisoned by the darkness from the void."she explained forcing Xiao to take the odd looking elixir. "This will cure him but he can't continue further with you."

"P-Poisoned but how?"Paimon asked.

Lumine's worry and sorrow and guilt at not forcing him to wait here at the temple was clear on her face. "Stupid! Stupid! I'm so stupid!!"she whimpered as her tears fell. But she was startled at feeling a hand grab her arm. A long drawn out moan as dull golden eyes looked over at her. "Y-Your not...stupid, I am."he came his weak croak. 

Lumine again to his distress broke into tears again but this time tossing herself into his arms. In his weakened state it was startling and wasn't sure how to handle it as his foggy mind slowly processed the situation. His vision still was struggling to stay in focus as he soon remembered what had happened. "Ah shit...great I ended up worrying her and causing trouble for her instead..."he thought wrapping his arms around her. "Shhh...I'm sorry and I'm right here, don't cry."

"What were you thinking? Did you think your race is immune to the void because you live on the surface!? "snapped Tsumi, making the trio flinch in fright. "Just how old are you?"

"He's over 2000 years old. Tsumi why'd you ask?"Paimon asked.

"Your of breeding age but still very young then. But you should've known better then this!! Why haven't your elders taught you just how toxic the Void's darkness is!?"asked Tsumi harshly.

But Lumine had had enough a blast of wind from her palm not strong enough to blow her away but enough to make her point. "Enough! I'm thankful you helped my husband but your out of line."snarled Lumine as she got to her feet. Xiao struggling to try and get up only to fail miserably. Damn he hadn't felt like this since his encounter with Barbatos at the border, soothed and saved by the anemo archon's flute music during a karmic fit.

"You are right...I apologize."Tsumi sighed. "You should go finish the task, Miss Lumine. Your mate will be safe here with me, I assure you. He'll be too weak to aid you any further."

"B-But—!?"he was cut off by a sharp no nonsense stare from the three girls. Lumine going over to kneel by him and removed her flower hairpin to put in his hair. "L-Lumi?"