Gorou's Message

[A/N: New chapter, and its the start to Enkanomiya Arc and with it a new theme song. With spring slowly coming to an end Xiaolumi decide to accept Ayato and Ayaka's invitation to be their guests for the coming cherry blossom festival. Deciding it'd be a good place for some down time. I won't lie this arc will be very heavy possibly even DARK and not because its literally an undersea cave. lol ]

...................................................

April was coming to a close and with it the coming promise of the approaching summer. The scenery lush and green as grasses, flowers, and leaves swayed gently to the warm breeze. Lone finches hopping about the path as they looked for bugs and seeds to eat. Squirrels chattering as they fought over territory and steal each other's gingko nuts. The eager chatter of people coming and going through the harbor city streets as they went about their daily lives. 

The sight of soft steam coming from the outdoor hot spring bath was a welcomed one. The sound of swishing water as the petite blonde more then happily entered the water. Sitting down in it's warmth until it went  up to her shoulders as she leaned back. A sigh of relief at the soothing and healing waters. Eagerly not long after her small celestial fairy companion floated over to join her.

"Hm....that feels so much better."she sighed in relief. It was welcomed relief to her sore body after recent events a few days prior. To say Paimon was startled now to see the bruises and light scratches of nails turned claws on her wrists, legs, and hips. "He wasn't exactly gentle, but I enjoyed it."she thought rubbing her sore shoulder. 

"You sure your ok? You weren't able to walk then a few days after you were too sore to leave the house."Paimon asked in concern.

"Paimon I'm fine. I swear your worrying as much as my husband is right now."chuckled Lumine dismissively. Xiao she knew had been worried and beating himself up over what had happened days ago. Paimon wasn't convinced but Xiao, as stubborn as he was had been easier to convince she was fine and just needed rest. By now the bruises were almost gone and by now it was just sore muscles nothing more.

"If you say so but Paimon still doesn't get what happened and why Paimon had to stay away all week."huffed Paimon.

"Idiot." That voice from behind the dividing wall that blocked off the outdoor bath from prying eyes they knew well. Xiao was leaning against the wall on the other side going over some kind of invitation with the Kamisato Clan's crest and the Shogun's mark on it. "We had you and everyone leave us alone because it's part of tradition....but also for your safety."he stated bluntly.

"Eek! W-Why are you outside the bath area?"squeaked Paimon but Lumine was unfazed. Xiao had already seen her naked as a jay bird multiple times now. However had it been anybody else she would have sent them flying with a blast of anemo for peeping. Xiao however remained outside of the bath area's walls.

"Alright, but Paimon still doesn't understand."Paimon shrugged, going back to enjoying the hot spring. Lumine though soon got out and dried off before putting on her housecoat. She had felt the tinge of curiosity and impatience from Xiao as she went for the small tea area cut off from the hot spring by the gate. Xiao having noticed went over to join her at the table. Her honey amber eyes turning to the letter in his hand.

"Hm? Did Ayato and Ayaka send that?"she asked.

"Lady Ei also. Seems there's a major festival coming up in Inazuma and they want us to come join them."Xiao said before avoiding her gaze shyly. "D-Do you want to go? Matters little to me but  I recall you expressed last year a desire to go to a festival again."

Lumine took the letter swiftly skimming through it before smiling, "Of course I want to go. Let me go get ready and make some preparations. Then we'll leave for Inazuma."

"Wait we're going to Inazuma?"came Paimon's excited cry.

"Xiao-sama! Lumine-san!"came a sudden cry.

The duo along with Paimon as the fairy now in her housecoat floated over, turning their attention to the source. "Wait that was Gorou, what's he doing here in the serenitea pot?"Paimon wondered.

"He sounds desperate, Lumine. Frightened even."Xiao pointed out. 

Sure enough Gorou arrived not bright eyed and bushy tailed, actually he was covered in wounds and out of breathe. The trio rushed over to their friend's side, "Gorou!!! W-What happened?"

"Help...please we need help."he begged between pants.

"Something deep in Enkanomiya is stirring and the situation for my home has grown worse. Her Excellency sent us to investigate but we failed."he groaned before stumbling. "That place is hell!" His ears pressed to his skull with a pained hiss. He really appeared to be in rough shape and needed medical attention. Clear signs of claw marks from truly massive claws covered his body. 

"Gorou calm down. Tell us what happened."insisted Xiao with surprising calm, crossing his arms.

Gorou's teal blue gaze turned from the young adeptus to Lumine to Paimon then back to Lumine. So many emotions breaking through the sheer agony as already Lumine was starting to tend to his wounds. "We were preforming the cleansing ceremony to stop the progression of the holy soil. But our previous champion perished down there. H-Her Excellency has requested your aids...please...help us."

Lumine offered a smile as she looked up with a look of determination. Xiao also having a fire of resolve as he already was leaving to go prepare. "We'll help you. Kokomi and you are our friends and Watatsumi is your home."she assured.

"Thank...you...."Gorou sighed finally feeling the adrenaline fade away with his consciousness. Not long after Xiao had returned with little Qiqi, the little zombie fast to start her healing cryo arts on the Watatsumi General. 

A silent glance of understanding and agreement between Lumine and Xiao was all that was needed. The festival could wait, they needed to help save the island that held so many fond memories for them. To save the people that had sheltered and aided them many times. Once they were ready Xiao, Lumine, and Paimon left their lil' abode dimension behind for Inazuma.

To Be Continued...

.........................................

[A/N: Poor Gorou...Don't worry he's fine. Watatsumi isn't though the holy soil not fun stuff. Off to Watatsumi we go~! Good luck to those pulling for Raiden or Kokomi on March 8th 2022. meanwhile Enka here we come!!]