Author Lumine

[A/N: YYYEEESSSSSS!!! Yae Miko's story quest time!! After the events with Ei, the festival is in full swing as Inazuma's borders finally open to the world, bringing familiar faces. But as an odd turn of events happen, Xiaolumi spend the day helping Yae, learning new things along the way. Yae reveals she something to Lumine. Some of you have started to notice the trails of bread crumbs I started to leave regarding Lumine...to which I say I can't reveal if you are right. In mean time, on with the chapter~! ]

.............................................

The light of dawn was normally such a welcomed thing as it trickled through the open windows. The guest chambers here in Tenshukaku were elegant and a sight to behold as always. The sound of rustling wings as the lone yaksha laned on the balcony. Quietly and carefully he went inside and over to the bed as he permitted his polearm to vanish in dark mist. Nobody was there just some hap hazardly tossed blankets. He looked around to spot a note  grabbing it to skim through it. "So she went out to the festival? Good."he thought. Looking himself over for a moment Xiao sighed. His clothes were a bit of a mess dealing with once again more corrupted beings. 

He normally didn't care of his looks much but this was Lumine and it was a festival. "I suppose once in awhile won't hurt."he mumbled thinking out loud. So with a task in mind he set to go change into the same kimono he had worn at last year's festival. Still he recalled Lumine lately still complaining about her headaches and just looking exhausted. It made him frown in concern as he recalled the last few days since the borders of Inazuma had opened to the world again. He calmed his mind focusing on Lumine's emotions. They didn't seem upset actually he could feel a tickling sort of warmth which made him smile. "They must be enjoying themselves then."he thought tugging his sleeve over his arm. It didn't take Xiao too long to finish changing before letting his wings vanish as he did. Once done he hurried on his way, vanishing from sight.

Well this became one odd turn of events after another and it all started because of that strange book on yokai

Well this became one odd turn of events after another and it all started because of that strange book on yokai. The two humans so foolish to try and tamper with what they shouldn't getting a real earful from Xiao and Yae. Then the civilian that was possessed by the spirit of an oni Lumine normally would have no issues fighting had yet again struggled, leaving her winded. Along the way back to come up with a book to counter this mystery "Guide To Summoning Spirits" book the little group had a brief run in with Albedo, Xingqui, and little Klee as well as Venti. 

Seeing their friends and the anemo archon here was rather surprising. But after a swift chat they went on their way to meet Yae at the diner. The restaurant itself was one of the more classier places in town, located not far from the bathhouse. Xiao's gaze still watchful as a hawk, concern making him stick a bit closer to Lumine's side as they stopped at the doors. 

"You sure your ok? Paimon's never seen you struggle to fight before."the fairy pressed her friend in equal concern crossing her arms.

"For the millionth time, I said I'm fine!"she snapped in frustration making Xiao and Paimon stare in surprise. Lumine seemed to be quicker to loose her temper lately. The blonde quickly turning to guilt as she covered her mouth. "U-Um...I'm sorry Paimon I didn't mean to snap at you again."

"It's ok, Paimon shouldn't have asked like twenty questions."assured the fairy before catching the rich smell on the air coming from inside. Lumine offering a smile before hurrying inside but Xiao was swift to grab the fairy by the scarf.

"Wait."

"What now? Paimon wants to go inside already."huffed Paimon.

"Has Lumine been acting strange to you?"he whispered.

"Hm...not really. She just seems moodier these past few days. She was also in a rush, Paimon can't believe how fast she rushed out before Paimon could get breakfast."she informed. 

Xiao letting go of her scarf with a serious and thoughtful look. That was very odd on Lumine's part. She normally had almost as big an appetite as the pipsqueak. "She's probably just excited for the festival. She didn't get to go to Lantern Rite this year."he thought. Yes that must be what was going on but why was she tiring so easily? It was strange. Deciding not to worry for now he pushed the door open and closed it behind him. Sitting at the table with an ink brush and paper was Lumine with some of the publisher's staff and Yae. Slowly he went over to join her. 

"Ah, you made it. We were about to start coming up with this work of fiction."hummed Yae in greeting.

"Oh you must be Suzaku-sama, your the Traveler's husband Hina-san keeps mentioning."greeted Shigeru with a wave and a smile. Junkichi offering a smile and polite bow out of respect.

"Hm....hello."Xiao greeted before turning his attention away. That scent of fried tofu was really getting his attention right now as he watched the chef cooking up a storm on some orders. Lumine and Yae getting amused looks at the curious kitten-like expectation and longing on his usually stoic face.

"Hey, fire up another order of fried tofu would you? Make sure your light on the oil and seasoning."called Yae.

"Of course!"he called over his shoulder getting started on the order.

"Now then where were we? Ah yes your book. Even though we're writing a work of fiction it still needs to contain some sense of realism."informed Yae.

"That shouldn't be too hard. My brother and I use to make up stories all the time as kids."giggled Lumine in delight. 

"Paimon followed pretty much everything you said, but there's still one question what are we going to write?"wondered Paimon. "For example we know we need an original concept but where do we start?"

"Before you can answer that question you need to know your target audience. Take for example 'First Hand Guide To Summoning Spirits' here. It's informative yet captivating and has clear and impressive pictures for the reader. But to me it was general knowledge to the kitsune and to your dear lil' bird. But to the general public its all new and fascinating information."

"Yep. Not to mention its information known by the adepti too and exorcists too."agreed Lumine. "Remember Chongyun and his aunt, Shenhe? They know all this stuff too."

"Ah huh~!"agreed Paimon.

"May I make a suggestion? Why not use your own experiences to twist a tale? That's what the elders of my tribe used to do."Xiao piped in eagerly accepting the plate of fried tofu.

"That's not a bad idea. I already have quite a few ideas stirring in my head."nodded Lumine.

"Alright lets get started with the first chapter shall we?"urged Yae.

"Alrighty then lets start with chapter one then, what're you thinking about right now Lumine?"insisted Paimon excitedly, Lumine deep in thought. 

"Hm....'The Dragon and The Grand Adventure' has a nice ring to it~!"smiled Lumine swiftly starting to write down the notes for the rough draft. Once done Paimon and now even Xiao was peering over her shoulder. What they read had Xiao staring and Paimon dumbfounded. Xiao actually having to choke back a restrained chortle. 

"....Bu then the dragon turns into a beautiful young woman...HUH!?"gawked Paimon. "Human let us work togother to build a better future! The love story between a human and dragon begins today..."Paimon looked perplexed and baffled. "Well uh...that was an unexpected development but what happened to the grand adventure?"

"The Grand Adventure's just the protagonist's name, Paimon~!"Lumine broke into a cheeky grin playfully sticking out her tongue in delight. Her words now making Xiao beginning to chuckle at just how ridiculous this story was as Lumine went on. Including a chapter on his lord being broke and then Yae doing the chapter of the kitsune's ritual. With the writing done they left to enjoy the rest of the festival tonight. It would take a few days before sale results were in anyways. 

To Be Continued....