A Red Hot Oni Pt 2

[A/N: And the misadventure with Itto continues. I swear this troublemaker makes me laugh I can't keep a straight face writing this 2 parts. But this quest was also the hardest one for me to write. Next chapter ]

..........................................................

"Come with me. Saves you the worrying that I'll go off and skedaddle"

How did they get roped into this? Lumine and Xiao weren't' sure what to make of this knucklehead of an oni they now had standing before them now that he had recovered. Before they knew what had happened it had lead to their current situation...a hunt for some onikabuto beetles. Itto was well not the brightest as Paimon so brilliantly put it, "sharpest horn on the oni" something Xiao found slightly amusing from the fairy's words. Which brought them to where they were presently after leaving behind a pile of lavender melons behind. They had finally found a beetle that Itto liked.

"This is the one, this is the one~!"cheered Itto in delight. Xiao just having a deadpanned glare at the oni's eager delight. "See? As long as you're in my company you're defiantly guaranteed to find an onikabuto!"

"I don't know it seems...kinda small, Itto."huffed Lumine.

"I still don't approve of this trivial and childish game but whatever."sighed Xiao in annoyance.

"Yeah it's on the smaller side, so what? But size isn't everything in a beetle fight."itto dismissed quickly grabbing the beetle in his hands off the rock. 

"Hnph. Size don't matter but that's in a real life battle, oni. Nature has a way of being cruel and size matters in many things then."Xiao stated point blank crossing his arms. This young yokai was just as stupid as he was naïve it seemed. But he couldn't fault the guy for having a big heart at least as Xiao's mind drifted to the two humans. However Xiao turned alert at noticing Paimon float off somewhere.

"But didn't you just say earlier that size matters?"Lumine asked crossing her own arms as her brow raised in curiosity. She had seen other kids and her brother, Aether play beetle fights in the world they had been raised in.

"Just let the expert explain, Lumine-san."Itto insisted and assured.

While Lumine and Itto were talking Xiao started to track down the celestial fairy and soon found her by the cliff. With the quiet ease of a cat he sneaked over to her as she was inspecting a beetle red in hue and quite large. "What in the name of Celestia are you doing?"he asked, startling Paimon.

"Eek! Don't sneak up on Paimon! Why do you always do that?"she huffed.

"I asked what are you doing and why did you sneak off?"he repeated. "I won't ask again, i loath repeating myself."

"Oh Paimon wanted in on the beetle fight game so Paimon went and found the biggest beetle that Paimon could find~!"giggled the fairy showing off her prize.

"Hm...it is rather large. But don't' wonder off with out telling us, you'll worry Lumine."he gently rebuked.

"Sorry, Paimon just got over excited. Lets go back."Xiao nodded in agreement.

"Xiao nodded in agreement