Flowing Like Time

[A/N: As Xiaolumi part ways with Dain they leave to report what happened...But wait what's wrong with Lumine!? Dainslief has an encounter and realization. Also thought you'd enjoy some music above for Dainslief and Kairos duet. Finale to Season 3, I look forward to seeing you all for Season 4, "Edge of Dawn" for not only Sumeru but a very big surprise for our newly weds I'll see you all for another Sumerian nights~! lol]

.......................................................

Stumbling out from the shadows Dainslief came out to the light of the sun on some other side of the Chasm. The sudden change causing him to shield his eyes. Part of him felt unease at leaving that mine's depths while another...couldn't wait to get far away. He felt weak and ill after that ordeal as he sluggishly forced himself to keep going. Until he stumbled on some ruins the monsters and the ruin hunter before him charged.

"Don't test my patience, out of my way!"he snarled easily dispatching the monsters despite his condition currently. Shelter he needed to find a safe place to rest. His eyes, blue as sapphires soon noticed time begin to slow around him. A siren melody that sent his heart into his throat eyes turning wide.

"Kairos!? Where are you?"he called out a weak shimmer of golden light appeared to gently swirl around him. Her soft giggles of mischief echoing in his head as he chased after it. The light lead him to an abandoned worker's shed. Not ideal but he welcomed it as he went inside and allowed himself to slide down against the wall. Coughing harshly before collapsing onto his side.

"Oh my Dain, my sweet bough keeper...."came the voice echoing in his head. "I wish I could be there with you. They hurt you, that makes me furious."

"Kairos f-forgive me...I will find a way to save you."he croaked.

"Dainslief, I am nothing but patient. I see you regained a little bit of your memories; I am so sorry..."whimpered Kairos in worry.

Dain slowly rolled over so he was on his back, coughing again, "D-Don't be, my beloved. He is free from this hell we suffer." Then to his surprise he could feel a tingle at the back of his mind. Images of Aether and Lumine flashing through his mind. Until finally it showed the twins as small children with the Time Goddess. Looking up at the stars that were very unfamiliar to him....a sky that was not familiar to him.

"Kairos, why are you showing me this?"he whispered in shock. Those twins he had grown to know...they looked just like her.

"Oh dear, you truly haven't figured it out even after half a millennia? Even though Lumen and Either are just as stubborn as you?"chuckled Kairos in playful amusement. Dainslief's eyes turned wide as he rapidly sat up from the realization. Only to regret it forcing him to put his dizzy head between his legs before breaking into laughter and tears.

"So all this time...? Kairos you crafty one."grinned Dainslief. "What a fool I am to not have noticed." The relvation brought so many things but for once he finally felt hope. What a development this had become. Soon as the light faded, time returned to normalcy around him. Now it looked like he had yet another reason to stop the Abyss. Question was where would their paths cross next? His mind drifted back to Lumine whom had appeared equally unwell when they parted ways. Realization dawning again making him laugh truly, sincerely for the first time in joy. "Khaenri'ah truly isn't dead. The homeland is gone but our people's bloodline lives on." Dainslief looked up to the rising sun of dawn, feeling content. Lumine would be safe with his son-in-law. That just left his troublesome son...But he could feel his consciousness fade away until darkness pulled him into his dreams. He would figure it out after he recovered from his current condition.

 He would figure it out after he recovered from his current condition

It was over, that entire ordeal was finally over to this damn case. Lumine's mind felt disoriented not just from everything that just happened. But...she couldn't shake the feeling of concern for Dainslief, and his odd familiarity she felt to him. "But why?"she thought, putting her hand to her head for a moment. Lumine's pace had slowed so she was walking behind Xiao and Paimon at a distance. 

But despite the glare and warmth of the morning May sunlight of dawn just peeking over the cliffs, she felt cold. Her headache had not dulled at all throughout this ordeal. Was it due to all that primal light energy the lector had called forth earlier? She was not sure. But Lumine was no fool, she could sense Xiao's concerns even now as Xiao and Paimon chattered like gossiping crows. "Shut up...Can't they see my head's killing me right now?"she thought in annoyance. She felt weak, tired, and her patience thin as a result of it.

The sight of the world beginning to spin and distort forced Lumine to freeze in her tracks. She felt confused and rather unwell. "Wh-What's wrong with me?"she thought in panic. Xiao and Paimon had not noticed yet as the tightness in her chest burned. Her heart raced as she felt queasy.

"Hm? Lumine why did you stop?"asked Paimon as they finally noticed the blonde wasn't following them. Lumine staring at them in some sort of confused daze again. Xiao could sense that prickle of confusion and fear coming from her, making him concerned.

"Lumine?"he called in worry.

Lumine tried to get some words out but the pain was too much. She felt cold, weak, dizzy even as concentrating proved difficult. The sight of her friend and beloved yaksha becoming blurry and distorted. The sensation of suddenly falling was what greeted her as she felt her legs give out. Landing with a hard thud onto the rocky path as a result.

"LUMINE!!"

Xiao and Paimon instantly raced to her side, Xiao taking her into his arms. She felt colder than usual but was that due to the Chasm's network of tunnels or something else? He wasn't sure. She looked pale yet no fever plagued her. No serious injuries covered her body either so that wasn't the reason. As his hand brushed her neck he felt her irregular pulse, making his eyes turn wide. "Lumine hang on, we'll get you some help, stay with me!"his words and frantic tone barely reached her. Her drawn out pitiful moan her only reply to his words. She could feel herself be hoisted onto his back, a moan escaping her as unconsciousness was what greeted her.

"I-Is she going to be ok? Paimon's scared...''whimpered the fairy.

"I don't know."Xiao said, clenching his teeth as he carried Lumine hastily up the beaten path out of the Chasm. He didn't know what was wrong with her; he only knew lately she hadn't been acting herself. His golden eyes gleamed as the morning dawn cast the land in golden hues. He felt worried, scared, and frustrated. "Lumine...what is wrong with you?"he thought, glancing at her unconscious suffering face. With a growl he picked up the pace the fastest he could without aggravating her condition. All the while Lumine's rapid heart beat roared in his ears as they went into the horizon.

Unknown to any of them, a large feline figure sleeked through the long casting shadows, limping as he hobbled along. A brief streak of light revealing violet hues of tiger striped fur. Sparks of electro sizzled from its massive paws. Slit pupils dilating to accommodate the low light as he decided to leave the human that left the Chasm behind alone. His round ear twitched as he gave his head quick shake around his neck the gleam of rosary beads while each ankle gleamed metallic in the low light. 

A quick sniff of the air making his eyes turn wide as he gave a thundering roar of laughter, loud and boisterous. "I wasn't imagining things then. That commotion that freed me, that was your doing young Alatus....I would never forget that scent anywhere. I wonder if Fate will let us meet again, Golden Winged King."came his gruff voice as he vanished into the depths of the Chasm. His days as a warrior were long gone but the yaksha purred as he hobbled along his thunderous roar announcing he was back. A mischievous Sumerian melody escaping him as he vanished into the darkness.

The End

~End of Season 3!! See you all soon for Season 4: Edge of Dawn~