Void and Light

[A/N: With the device unleashing a heavy purifying concentration of light energy, Dain's left helpless as Halfdan intervenes. The light energy though while having a negative effect on Dain and the Abyss monsters, seems to have an effect on Xiaolumi. Time for Xiaolumi to step in and save their Khaenrian companions.]

.................................

Hurry.

They had to hurry!

After they had watched Lumine quite easily dispatch the electro lecter, to the point of almost toying with it they agreed to each take a portal and device. While Halfdan was doing all he could to hold back the concentration of light energy Xiao, Lumine, and Dainslief — despite his suffering — each tackled a portal. Lumine finding this amusing as it reminded what she had down weeks ago in Enkanomiya's depths. Xiao couldn't remember the last time he hadn't been in agony, this light seemed to be healing him, though not to the degree his wife could as he easily made short work of the cryo and pyro Abyss mages. "This sensation it feels almost exactly like when we fought the electro archon. So be it, I'll put it to use!"he thought delivering the finishing blow. Swift as always he dashed over easily slashing the device in two. Since was the fastest they agreed he'd take the final portal and device. However was was it he felt like they all were being watched? Oh well it mattered not as he swiftly vanished back into the chamber to run for the next device.

Meanwhile Lumine with Paimon were dealing with two hydro and pyro mages. Lumine letting loose with her electro charged blade. "Do you think Dainslief and Xiao are fine?"she heard Paimon ask as Lumine finished off both the mages rather effortlessly. She wasn't sure why but that light was relieving her symptoms, energizing her even. But...for how long would this last? She was not sure but she also wasn't going to kick a gift horse in the mouth right now. 

"Xiao will be fine, better then fine right now. That light should be having the same effect on him as it is me. As for Dain...I'm worried."Lumine stated as she walked over to the device raising her palm. 

"Then wait that means Dain's suffering...We gotta hurry!"yelped Lumine.

Swiftly a rather high concentration of anemo, bit more then she had intended rushed forth. The sight startling Lumine as the device shattered and was blown out the window. "Not good, I can't control the elements properly still."she thought in concern. Only to hear what sounded possibly like an "ouch" in the distance. The girls could only stare at each other in confusion.

"That was odd."shrugged Paimon, "Oh well lets get going."

"It was probably just one of the hilichurls getting bonked in the head by mistake below...oops."Lumine dismissed making a swift dash with her electro for the portal. However she did feel like she had been being watched by some sort of beast. Little did they know her hunch was right as deep in the darkness a pair large tiger-like eyes gleaming with electro was watching. But that wasn't the only thing watching as a woman with a hydro vision of Liyue origin had stopped to observe the scene, unaware of the other observer.

Dainslief struggled a little more due to the sheer agony the light energy was causing him. Light that used to such a warm and healing element to him. Memories that had grown so faded and fuzzy becoming clearer at least...for now. Then memories of a woman cloaked in white with long pale hair falling out from her cloak's hood with eyes that shined a brilliant gold, standing at the base of a truly massive and ancient tree. Countless inteyvet lilies swaying in the breeze. "Dain~!"he heard her sweet voice, "Aren't these flowers beautiful?" Then memories of his old comrade, Halfdan of when he saw him for the last time five hundred years ago played like some ancient record.

Dainslief hissed in agony as he skid across the cobblestone floor. Normally these abyss mages wouldn't be any issues to him but that accursed light made his curse bite and snap far far more harder then it did before. But eventually he managed some how finish off these blasted pyro and electro mages. "I better..h-hurry..."he croaked in his suffering letting his sword vanish. "Kairos, j-just wait a bit longer."he thought stumbling into the portal back into the chamber as it vanished. Xiao, Lumine, and Paimon returning at about the same time he did. The light gone the increasing pain stopped and began to fade but with Lumine...Dainslief could see she still looked rather pale, but not suffering as she was before. "How odd. But it'll probably be temporary."he thought as they went over to where Halfdan lay over the device.