Heading For A New Frontier

[A/N: The danger only increases, but thankfully Kokomi is with Xiaolumi to lend her aid and powerful healing abilities. But what darkness does this place hold that had sheltered them for so many months prior? only one way to find out. Enjoy some music from Miracle of Sound.]

.......................................................

"Kokomi!!"

The divine priestess of Watatsumi looked up as she was speaking with the shrine maiden robed in blue. Relief and delight at seeing familar faces once more. Xiao, Lumine, and Paimon coming to a halt as Kokomi for but a moment forgot herself and hurried to them as well. "Xiao-sama! Lumine-chan! Paimon-san!"she greeted.

"Kokomi what happened? Gorou just suddenly showed up at my house looking like he became some monster's scratching post."Lumine asked swiftly.

"It scared Paimon silly!"huffed Paimon in worry.

"He mentioned something about Enkanomiya. Is something the matter?"Xiao inquired, Kokomi's expression turning solemn. Her gaze turning towards the village. Their gazes followed to see the struggling farmers as no crops in all this time had been produced. Two researchers from Sumeru Xiao realized were running tests on the soil that had turned white as snow. It did not take Lumine to recall Gorou's words so this meant their friends had begun to suffer.

"Then Gorou managed to escape and deliver the message...I-I'm glad."Kokomi sighed in relief, clutching her hydro vision like a locket.

"We know the situation but what can we do to help?"Lumine asked.

"We need the blood coral branch to stop the bleaching of our island's soil. The holy soil is caused from something stirring deep in Enkanomiya. But when we sent a hero to retrieve it with Gorou..."Kokomi's voice trailed off as she looked towards the shrine where a funeral was being held. Lives had clearly been lost to the girls' horror as Xiao sighed adverting his gaze. The sight brought bitter memories to the surface of past Rite of Partings.

"We'll do it."The girls stared shocked at Xiao being the first to agree to the task.

"Xiao?"

"Why agree to this task so hastily, Xiao-sama? You seen the evidence how dangerous things have become down there."the shrine maiden with Kokomi asked bluntly.

"Do I need a reason to repay a debt for helping my wife?"he asked bluntly. Those words made Kokomi and the shrine maiden turn their gaze to Lumine's hand. But there was nothing there to prove his words. That is until Lumine smiled and for a moment removed one of her gauntlets glove and all to reveal to their shock a stunning cuff bracelet made of gold to look like some kind of feather or laurel. "It's tradition for Xiao's tribe for mates to wear this."Lumine hummed fondly as she put her gauntlet glove back on.

"Well I'll be I never thought I'd see a tradition like that. I believe congratulations are in order then."smiled the shrine maiden, making Lumine have a playful, cheeky grin.

"We better hurry."Kokomi insisted beginning to leave post haste. However the shrine maiden with her did not seem to agree with this. But with some convincing from the trio she relented and permitted Kokomi to go with them. Though, knowing Kokomi Lumine knew she would have found a way to follow them without alerting suspicions. It did not take long for them to reach the pool below the shrine. The swirling vortex all too familiar to them having entered this way only once before. They were about to dive in when Lumine motioned for them to wait.

"Hm? What's the matter Xiao?"Paimon wondered.

"Lumine you have no weapon."Lumine instantly face faulted, slapping her forehead.

"Dammit, your right. Mine broke fighting Beisht. I just haven't had time to get a new one made up at the smithy."groaned Lumine in frustration.

"Wait you have no weapon!? That won't do Lumine-chan!"gasped Kokomi in worry.