*3*

(A/N - I love how I'm updating this book faster than the other one.😅 You can't blame me though. The most line from that book needs to be from the game itself.)

-Third Person POV-
-Location: Outside of the Cave-

Cale was staring at the child in front of him while On and Hong continue to beg him to let her come home with them. While they were busy dealing with the child, none of them seems to notice some of the Venion guards creeping upon them.

Eve, however, notice them. She tried to warn Cale in front of her, but she was cut off before she can utter a single word. "No, we can't bring her wi-" Cale couldn't finish his sentence when suddenly Venion guards raise their sword behind him.

However, before the sword could reach his neck, they were caught by some kind of invisible string. They were pulled up and their body started to move in different directions.

"No one..."

"No one...can hurt him"

All of them look toward Eve after she mutters those words. Her hand move around the same as the guard's move. The guard scream in pain as the string pierced their skin. Her eyes held hatred toward these people just like the dragon. With a single pull of the string, the guard's body was immediately cut into pieces. The dragon watched in satisfaction when he saw all the blood splattered everywhere.

(A/N - This remind me of Mother Spider Demon or Rui attack from Demon Slayer😅)

Cale, however, becomes pale after seeing all those blood. He changes his mind instantly. Instead of saying no, he said yes. "Sure, you can come with us..." Cale is still a little hesitant but after seeing such strength from a child, he changes his mind.

“Let’s go.”

He holds out his hand to the child in front of him. Eve hesitated for a moment before taking hold of Cale's hand. She was surprised, to say the least. She expected his hand to be on the rough side like Choi Han. Instead, his hand are soft.

He turned his back to the dragon with no regrets and started to walk away hand in hand with Eve. Choi Han silently followed behind Cale and the child while focusing on altering their tracks. The kittens, who hesitated for a moment, saw the dragon turn its gaze away from Cale before following behind him.

Once even the Cat Tribe sibling turned away from it, the dragon lifted its head and watched them walk away.

“...I hate humans...they are evil...”

For some reason, the dragon was paying more attention to the back of the human, the race that he was annoyingly used to and hated, rather than the night sky that it was seeing for the first time. Eve looked behind her to look at the dragon, wanting him to come with them. She thinks it's unfair that she can go with them but not him.

Hong slowly approached his sister On as they followed behind Cale.

“Noona, I think he’s going to follow us.”

“Uh-huh. I think so too.”

“Am I going to get a younger brother?”

“It looks like it.”

The kittens were conversing with themselves, but Cale scoffed at them and retorted back.

“No way. Dragons are extremely prideful and will never accept being under a human. Furthermore, this dragon hates humans.”

On’s expression seemed to disagree. If a cat had a mocking expression, it would probably be the one on On’s face right now. On shook her head and quietly mumbled.

“...I don’t think so.”

“...Uh-huh.”

Hong looked behind him before agreeing with his sister. The Black Dragon was still looking in their direction. Hong was now sure. This dragon will enjoy its freedom for a bit, before sharing some beef with him in the future.

Cale ordered the two kittens who were whispering to each other.

“Go get the orb back.”

The two siblings went to get the orb so that they could eat some more beef. Cale did not even look at the siblings, as he patted Choi Han’s shoulder.

Eve looked up at Cale after seeing the two kittens leave. She wanted to ask their name but she's too scared she will get hit if she does. Finally, after picking up enough courage she asked them.

"Mister, what's your name?" Cale looked at the child holding his hand. Eve was having a hard time maintaining eye contact with him. "Later. I'll tell you later." After that one simple answer, Eve turns her head toward the ground. If he doesn't want to tell her now, she can't force him to. After that, she just blocked out all of the conversations going on while also looking around her surrounding.

-A few minutes later

-A few minutes later...-

As they arrive at the inn, they enter right through his window while making no noise whatsoever. Cale asked Choi Han to take the child with him before going back to his room. Eve looked at the inn while walking with the black-haired male beside her.

"Mister, what's your name?" Choi Han heard the child question and look beside him. He can see the child staring at him awaiting his answer. "Choi Han. My name's Choi Han." After answering the question, he can see the child's eyes sparkled for a moment before disappearing. He heard her mumble his name as she's trying to remember his name.

(A/N - I don't know where Cale's guards were staying so I just made this up.)

Choi Han brought her to his tent and quietly lay her down on the pillow. He can see her flinched a little before relaxing after feeling the softness of the pillow. "Tomorrow we'll talk with Cale-nim. So, try to get some sleep, okay?"

She nodded after thinking about it and fell asleep instantly. She was exhausted. She finally felt safe after a long time. She's...home.

-To be continued-

-To be continued-