*48*

-Third Person POV-

Cale received an overwhelming welcome from On, Hong and Eve as soon as he returned.

“You came at the right time!”

“The butler has been banging on the door for a while!”

“He's annoying..."

Cale could tell even without the kittens and Eve telling him. He could hear Hans’s voice outside the door. Hans sounded like he was ready to cry.

“Young master, I dare not enter because you said you’ll kill me if you wake up. That is why I can only continue to bang on the door. Can you please open the door young master?”

Cale took off the scuba suit and threw it to a corner before taking a device out of the magic box and throwing it toward the Black Dragon. He then put on a bathrobe and opened the door.  Eve was staring at the arm that the dragon is holding. It reminds her of something but she can't put her finger on it.

(Sometimes, mana doesn't work on Eve. Only small things though. Hence why she can see the arm but not the unconscious whale.)

“Young master, young lady Amiru asked me to verify that you were safe. So please wake up and open-”

“What do you want?”

“Oh! Young master! ... Were you washing?”

Cale swept back his wet hair and leisurely answered Hans’s question.

“I couldn’t sleep, so I was sitting in the seawater bath.”

“Ah, you were in the bathroom. Then I shouldn’t have to worry about my life since you were not sleeping.”

“...I wonder.”

“I’m sorry, young master-nim.”

Ahem, hem. Hans let out some fake coughs before inspecting Cale and starting to speak.

“Are you hurt anywhere? It is quite a mess outside right now. There were a few loud explosions earlier. I believe something has happened out at sea.”

Cale looked out the window he entered through. The village was completely lit now, even though it was the middle of the night. He could also see some lights heading out to sea.

Amiru seemed to have made a brave decision to send people out at sea, even with the dangers of the whirlpools, because the development was right around the corner.

“There was a loud noise, but they haven’t determined what caused it?”

“Young lady Amiru said people will be heading out to sea. I believe it will be figured out soon enough.”

In Cale’s opinion, Amiru was going to be happy because the whirlpool by the central island had disappeared. That alone would increase the value of this shoreline exponentially.

“Is that so?”

“Yes sir.”

“Then you can leave now.”