*50*

-Third Person POV-
-Location: Ubarr Island(?)-

Humpback Whale Beast people were known as the guardians of the ocean and protected the weaker lifeforms. For generations, the Whale Tribe’s King has been a Humpback Whale beast person.

Boom. Boom. Boom.

Eve was trembling behind Cake as she look at the whale, mouth agape. She had never felt this before. She can feel the immense strength coming from the whale. It feels like it's pushing her down onto the ground.

‘Does that mean I'm...weaker than the whale...?'

She doesn't want that. She needs to be stronger to protect Cale. Does that mean she needs to ask Beacrox to teach her more so she can get stronger? She looks at Cale and he was no different from her.

Cale’s heart was beating hard. The Whale’s gaze was filled with both murderous intent and observation, a mix of instinct and rationality. This was the first time Cale had made such direct eye contact with a strong existence that was angry at him. This strong existence was looking down at Cale and inspecting every aspect of Cale.

It was at that moment.

- That stupid Whale must be crazy!

The Black Dragon’s angry voice rang inside Cale’s mind. At the same time, a strong power started to cause vibrations in the air. The eyes of the Whale, which had been focused on Cale and Eve turned toward the source of the vibration.

- How dare you to look at my weak human-like that!

The mana in the air started to fluctuate and the water started to go wild. However, the Humpback Whale did not move at all. Instead, this 15m long Whale raised its tail and slapped down onto the water.

Spaaaaaaash!

The water was churning rapidly.

This action made Cale certain that this was a beast person. Eve was surprised, to say the least, but she immediately hold onto Cale.

Boom. Boom.

Cale calmed his heart, as the Vitality of the Heart had noticed the danger and started to pour out its strength. The Indestructible Shield also shot out as well. The ancient powers always put their owners’ lives first. They were ready to go at any point to protect their owners.

Cale turned his head toward the empty void where the mana was gathering and was about to speak. However, another voice started to speak first.

“I am not trying to fight with you.”

It was a voice that was as beautiful as the Sirens of Greek mythology. Cale turned his head and saw the Humpback Whale completely reveal its head above water. Eve, however, went into full alert. That voice sounded familiar but where?

“Wow.”

A gasp came out of Cale’s mouth. It was very large and scary. He felt like that Whale’s head could easily kill him with a light tap.

- Why are you lifting your stupid head? You’re telling me everything you did until now wasn’t asking for a fight? Puny Whale!