*4*

(A/N - Question: Would you guys like a father-daughter moment for Cale and Eve?)

-Eve POV-
-Location: Outside the Inn-

I was woken up by the sound of rapid footsteps outside of the tent. 'It's been a long time since I've slept for so long...' I rub my eyes and peek outside the tent to see many people all armour up. Without realizing it, my body started trembling. They look just like them but at the same time different from them.

I didn't even notice Choi Han running up to me after seeing me trembling. I felt a hand on my shoulder and by instinct, push the hand away. My eyes widened after seeing Choi Han staring at me, his mouth agape. "E-Eve's sorry! Eve thought you were -"

I cannot finish my sentence when he suddenly pulled me into a hug. My eyes widened. This is the first time I've ever felt such a warm hug. I wonder if I've ever been hugged by someone like this before I turned into a zombie. Without realising it, tears were running down my face. I clenched his shirt as I buried my face on his chest.

 I clenched his shirt as I buried my face on his chest

-Third Person POV-
-Location: Inside the Inn-

After a while, Eve passed out in Choi Han arm. Cale had asked Choi Han to go and fetch her with the kittens following behind him. He carried her outside of the tent and walk toward the entrance of the inn. The sound of the bustling guards in the inn woke her up. She looks around while gripping onto Choi Han shirt more.

The kitten went toward the plate of jerky that were prepared for them after Choi Han reach Cale. As he put her down, Eve could feel eyes on her and look up towards Cale. Both of them make eye contact with each other. Out of curiosity, she once again asked "What's your name, sir?"

Not getting the answer she wanted, she looks towards Choi Han, asking for help. Contrary to the quiet Cale, he's digging through his memory, trying to find more information about the little girl in front of him. After a while, he quietly gasps as he remembers another part from the book.

<Choi Han was devastated after finding out that there were a girl that was caught in the crossfire. Eve was her name. Her family was brutally murdered while she was missing. People have tried to search for her but all of those were futile. Eventually, people gave up on searching for her and instead announced her dead.>

He looks towards the child in front of him and sighs. He pointed at the chair in front of him, motioning for her to take a seat. He could see the hesitation in her eyes, contemplating to either sit down or refuse politely. She flinch when she felt herself being carried to the chair. She looks behind her and sees Choi Han smiling at her. She looks back toward Cale and sees the same uninterested face he has.

"If you're gonna stay with me, you need to make yourself useful." Cale words pierced through the awkward atmosphere. Eve nods her head instantly. She's not planning on staying with them without paying them back for saving her. Food was suddenly placed in front of her. The food consist of scrambled eggs and bread. She curiously examines the food. She had never seen anything like this before. Grabbing her spoon, she took a small bite out of the eggs and her eyes sparkled. It tastes amazing.

A few minutes later, she finish the whole plate. She flinches when an old man in his sixties walk up to her and wipes her mouth. "Young master-nim, is she going to be staying with us from now on?" The butler, Ron asked while handing Eve a cup of orange juice. Cale only nodded his head and continue to drink his cup of cold water.

 Cale only nodded his head and continue to drink his cup of cold water

-To be continued-