*19*

-Third Person POV-
-Location: The Capital Henituse Household-

Choi Han and Lock. Behind Choi Han was Rosalyn. These three people walked into Cale’s room.

“Hans. Go bring something to drink.”

“Excuse me? Ah, right away!”

Cale closed the door without letting deputy butler Hans into the room. Cale then pointed to the bed for Choi Han, who was looking at him, to put Lock down.

“Lay him down first.”

“Got it.”

Choi Han carefully put Lock on the bed. Cale slowly approached Lock. Lock had the purest of pure blood, making him look like a weak human. However, he was pretty tall for being a young boy. Eve went beside Lock and hold his hand to try and help him.

“Hannah, haaaaa, hahaha.”

Lock was huffing and trying his best to open his eyes. He had a deep frown on his face, and his body was limp like he could not put any strength into it. It was already too late to prevent the berserk state from arriving. He could feel someone holding his hand beside him. He wants to open his eyes and see who it is.

Cale looked at the tall, but the still-young boy in front of him, who was doing his best to open his eyes, and told him to relax. Cale grabbed Eve hand and sat her down on the sofa behind them.

“Just keep your eyes closed. No need to strain yourself.”

There was no strength in Cale’s stern tone, but it had a way of making people listen. Lock slowly closed his eyes. The voice of this man, whom Lock did not know, flowed into Lock’s ear.

“Everything will be okay.”

Lock was huffing and quietly calling for someone. He was calling for his uncle, the chief of the Blue Wolf Tribe, and the man who died for the tribe, even though he was one step away from becoming the Wolf King. His uncle had made sure Lock was hidden before rushing toward the invaders.

‘Everything will be okay.’

That was what his uncle had said to him. Lock started to frown after thinking about his uncle. Cale just ignored him as he turned away.

“Cale-nim, why is Lock like this?”

Choi Han still looked anxious and desperate. Originally in the novel, Choi Han had only slightly opened his heart to Lock by this point.

‘Just what could have happened?’

Cale was not an idiot. He knew that Choi Han’s situation had changed a bit because of him. That was why he was trying hard to cut off their relationship. He did not ask that question, and let Choi Han continue to speak.

“Potions don’t work either. According to Rosalyn, the wolf tribe cannot use potions. Healing magic does not seem to work either. I’m not sure about what to do. I need to protect him. I’m supposed to protect him.”

“Calm down.”

Cale was worried that it would be Choi Han who ended up going berserk if he continued like this. That would be just as scary as that dragon in the corner of the room going berserk. Maybe it was because he lived for tens of years in solitude even though he lived for tens of years in solitude, Choi Han’s personality remained one where he was a nice guy who cared a lot for things like friendship. Eve poke her head out from behind the sofa and stared at Choi Han, worried for him.

“Cale-nim.”

“If you trust me, just leave him to me.”

“...I trust you.”