*34*

The crown prince announced the start of the gathering.

“I wanted to gather together the individuals who will bring forth the future of our kingdom and share a meal. Thank you all for showing up, and I hope we have a wonderful meal.”

As soon as the crown prince finished speaking, the servants entered with plates of food for each table. An orchestra started to play background music from the back of the hall as well.

This was the difference with a real feast. It was a mix of a feast and discussion, with moving between tables being natural.

“Young master Cale, we plan to go greet the crown prince in a bit.”

Cale nodded his head at Amiru’s statement and focused on the food on his plate. But his mind became a bit complicated.

‘What is his intention?’

There was no way the crown prince just called the nobles together for no reason. Also, why did he give a golden plague to Eve after she was caught by him? He had a reason. Cale had a few different ideas about what it may be.

‘It might be because of the war in the Western Continent’s southern region, or because he caught wind about the civil war that will happen in the Whipper Kingdom. Maybe he's afraid that Eve is a spy from another region and try to corrupt her with money.’

The Whipper Kingdom was where princess Rosalyn was headed, the kingdom with the Magic Tower. A civil war will soon break out in the Whipper Kingdom. A war would break out between the mages and the non-mages.

There were a lot of thoughts in his head, but Cale decided to stop thinking about it.

‘No need for me to care, since I will just be very still.’

It was none of Cale’s business. He just started to enjoy the food in front of him.

- Looks yummy. Looks so yummy. The weak humans are very good at cooking.

Cale enjoyed the food while listening to the Black Dragon’s envious ranting. The food in the palace was delicious. He could see Taylor and Cage moving their hand under the table once in a while. He knows it was to give Eve some food.

His hand subconsciously headed for the wine glass that the servant had left for him, but it quickly disappeared.

“Cale, just five minutes.”

Cale nodded his head at Eric’s sincere plea and turned back to the food. The rest of the Northeastern nobles quietly watched him. The Northeast was already in an awkward situation with the 10 families broken apart into different factions, but now, this magic bomb-like character, Taylor Stan, was a part of that table as well.

People watched Cale, who could eat in such a tense situation, with curiosity.

Cale could hear the Black Dragon’s voice in his head.

- By the way, there are magic video recording tools all around this hall.

“Oh.”

Cale let out a gasp and started to smile. Anybody watching him would think he acted this way because he ate something especially delicious.

‘I know at least one thing.’

Cale then felt like he figured out one of the crown prince’s goals.

First of all, the crown prince was watching the nobles. The second and third princes naturally know about this as well. This mean, this was something the entire royal family wanted.

The corner of Cale’s lips moved up just a bit. Eric, who became uncomfortable looking at that smile, jumped up from his seat. Amiru and Gilbert followed him up as well. There were already many nobles who went up to greet the crown prince.