*23*

-Third Person POV-
-Location: The Capital Henituse Territory-

Cale’s expression stiffened. He could feel his heart sink. Choi Han was saying that, instead of the assassination team, official members of the secret organization showed up at the Blue Wolf Tribe. Cale could not understand why. In the novel, the Blue Wolf Tribe was the target of assassination. None of them manages to notice Eve flinching on the bed. She has woken up after hearing Choi Han talk about his trip.

Eve may have been staying in the cave, like the dragon but she was never tortured by any of those noble that the dragon was angry at. She was used for an experiment by those people from the secret organisation. She remembers what they used to say to her.

‘Once we're done with you, you'll be serving him soon.'

She doesn't know who they were talking about but her mind tells her that she needs to stay sane. Because once she gives up on everything, it's over. Eve got up from the bed and walk over to the table that still has the food from before. She sat down and eat some cookies that were there.

Choi Han looked at Cale’s cold expression and recalled the past for a moment. He subconsciously started to clench his fists. His fists were shaking with anger.

The houses in the village deep in the mountains were simple and small. But all of them were destroyed. Most importantly, the corpses of the Wolf Tribe were completely black, as if they were burnt to a crisp on the floor. The black corpses, what smelled like burnt flesh, and the blood that was still pouring out of their open wounds. Most of the Wolf Tribe members died with their eyes still open.

“The mountain village was already destroyed when we got there. Many of the Wolf Tribe members were dead as well.”

The Blue Wolf Tribe was known for their strength, so how did the secret organization kill them?

Wolves put their family, herd, and friends before themselves.

Weak members who had not experienced their first berserk mode transformation. The secret organization used those weak members as hostages, before using divine items to weaken the adult wolves. After killing the adults, they then killed the young hostages. There were a few adult wolves that tried to attack them in frenzy, but the secret organization had Holy Water to use against those few wolves.

The secret organization was a very strong organization, that even had access to divine items. They used the fact that the Wolf Tribe was disowned by the gods to their advantage. These cruel bastards had no issues using young children as hostages to kill their mothers, fathers, and the rest of the tribe members, while the poor young children watched in horror.

‘The novel didn’t say which of the divine items they brought.’

If Cale knew what the divine item was, he would be able to get one step closer to the identity of the secret organization. Unfortunately, the novel only described how the Wolf Tribe became weak because of the divine item. He had no way to determine the identity of the secret organization.

Cale slowly asked.

“Were they all dead?”

Choi Han shook his head. Cale’s expression stiffened again. Choi Han observed Cale’s stiff expression, as he continued.

“They were trying to capture the young children.”

‘Capture? Originally, they killed them all. Why would they want the young Wolf Tribe children?’

Cale’s mind started to become complicated. Choi Han made eye contact with Cale who was thinking deeply.

“The chief was dying when we arrived at the entrance of the Blue Wolf Tribe’s village.”