*29*

-Third Person POV-
-Location: The Capital Henituse Territory-

“... Ron.”

Cale’s honey-like slumber disappeared like a dream, as he came back to reality. Ron had also asked once again for the maid to bath Eve. She was swaying side to side caused she had just woken up.

“I have returned.”

Ron was back. He then handed a letter to Cale. Cale gave an order to Ron for the first time in a while after seeing the letter.

“Ron, go wrap up a bottle of the best wine.”

It was a letter with the crest of the Flynn Merchant Guild. Cale opened the letter to find a single sentence.

[Young master Cale, will you be treating me to alcohol soon?]

The bastard son of the Flynn Merchant Guild’s leader, Billos, would soon arrive at the capital.

The letter helped Cale realize that it would not be long before he met the crown prince inside the palace. Since there were a lot of villains in there, it was time for him to be very, very still.

Ron nodded his head at Cale’s words but added one more thing before he left.

“I understand. By the way, young master, you do remember that you have to visit the palace the day after tomorrow, right?”

Before the king announces the start of the festival in the plaza, the nobles were scheduled to meet with the crown prince. It was neither a serious meeting nor a feast, but something in between. It was set to take place in a wing of the palace where important meetings usually took place.

Cale thought about the crown prince and the palace before his mind drifted elsewhere.

‘I wonder if Taylor and Cage are well.’

The fallen eldest son and the crazy priestess. Cale thought that the two of them were probably doing very well.

“Mm.”

But suddenly, his back felt chilly and he caressed the back of his head. That coldness made Cale make up his mind. He saw Eve walk in after taking a bath. He had thought of bringing her with him but she seem tired. Maybe caused she stay up late trying to find the magic bomb.

‘Let’s not think about the two of them.’

Cale will be very still at the palace. Even if someone curses him from the side, he will just sit there silently before returning here. Cale peeked at the table in front of them. There was a letter from Eric sitting there.

[Cale. You don’t have to do anything, anything at all. This hyung-nim will take care of it all for you. Got it? ...]

Eric Wheelsman, one of the Northeastern nobles, sent him a letter a day. It was very clear that Eric was worried about what might happen. Cale grabbed the letter on the table and chucked it to a corner.

“Then I will make sure to have them wrap up a bottle of our best alcohol.”

“Good.”

Cale was watching Ron leave, when he saw some faces he had not seen for a while enter through the open door. Ron peeked at the two of them before closing the door. The two that entered approached Cale and started to speak.

“I think I can kill them if they let their guard down!”

“I see a way we can kill them!”

It was the kittens On and Hong. These two kittens, who Cale had not seen for a while, we're excited, as they seemed to have found a way to kill the Beast people who were as strong as the Wolf Tribe. Eve had once again fallen asleep as soon as she lay down on the bed face first. Yeah, he will not bring her with him.