*12*

-Third Person POV-
-Location: The Campsites-

Cale just stared at the suddenly passionate Hans and slightly bowed toward Taylor as he said goodbye.

“Then I will be on my way, young master Taylor.”

“Thank you for your benevolence, young master Cale.”

“It was nothing.”

Cale turned away from Taylor, who had a curious look on his face. He then immediately headed back to his carriage without looking anywhere else. Of course, he gave an order to the Vice-Captain who was walking by his side.

“Looks like they only have one knight. Vice-Captain, you take care of their guard duty as well.”

“Yes, young master.”

Cale verified what the Vice-Captain had said to Taylor’s knight before getting back on the carriage. It was regarding guard duty at night. Cale verified the knight’s expression turning bright before the knight got back onto the carriage.

Click.

The door closed with a loud click. This made everyone turn their gaze toward the closed door of the carriage with the golden turtle crest, before returning to do their duties. Only Taylor and Cage, who didn't have anything to do right now, just continued to stare at the closed door.

The two kittens and Eve greeted Cale inside the carriage.

“I’ve seen those two people.”

“Hong. I was there too.”

“Isn't she the one that said the bad word?"

The kittens that had woken up and Eve, who had been watching everything through the window, slowly approached Cale and sat down next to him before starting to talk to each other. They weren’t looking at Cale nor even talking to him, but it was clear that the question was toward Cale.

Cale answered the witty kittens’ and Eve questions.

“Pretend not to know and yes, Eve.”

“Like the dragon?”

“Yes.”

The kittens and Eve nodded their heads to show their understanding. Cale watched them nod, before crossing his arms and closing his eyes.

‘The Healing Star.’

That was the name of the ancient power he wrote about in the letter to Cage and Taylor. The reason Cale came to know about this power was because of the Plaza Terror incident.

‘The Healing Star,’ is a single-use power that can heal any injury or illness to the body’s original, healthy state. The crown prince had such power. The deceased queen had given it to him.

During the Plaza Terror incident, the secret organization makes their move once the royal family arrives. Magic bombs across the capital and in the plaza go off at that moment at the same time.

In the novel, Choi Han was only able to stop about half of it. That in itself was amazing, such that the kingdom considered him a hero, but Choi Han himself thought about the lives of the victims of the bombs, making his hatred for the secret organization even worse.