*16*

-Third Person POV-

Taylor gazed toward Cale and continued to speak.

“Although I may have been pushed aside, I still have ways of getting information in the Marquis’s estate. Although this 50-year birthday celebration for the king was planned from the beginning, the act of calling all of the nobles together was something that the crown prince suggested.”

Taylor knew some information about the crown prince.

“I’m not sure how I should describe the crown prince to you...”

Seeing Taylor struggling, Cale casually answered.

“He is someone with a glib tongue.”

“Ah, yes! Err, I mean...”

‘Glib tongue...?'

Taylor, who agreed with Cale, quickly turned pale and tried to take it back, but, in the end, was forced to admit that it was true. While Eve was looking at Cale wondering what a glib tongue mean.

“Yes. You are right. You already know about it.”

“Isn’t it information anybody interested can find out?”

“Of course. But this is the first time I’ve heard anyone be so blunt about it like you, young master Cale.”

Seeing Taylor nodding his head, Cale started to think about the crown prince.

The glib tongue of the crown prince.

The crown prince was very good at giving compliments to people. He was also very good at praising these people in public for their deeds and giving them recognition.

After that, he used these people.

Of course, the people being used have no idea that they are being used. One of these victims in the novel was none other than Choi Han, the person the crown prince lifts as his close friend and hero.

For a commoner like Choi Han, he thought it was good that someone like the crown prince treated him so closely. However, for Cale, or Kim Rok Soo, who was reading the novel, the crown prince was the type of person he hated the most.

He looks at Eve for a moment before continuing to look forward. He's also thinking about how to explain to a 7-year-old what glib tongue means most simplest way possible.

‘The problem is, that the way he uses people for the right reasons.’

He did not use people for his benefit or power. He used these people for the kingdom, the citizens, and to make the nation greater.

‘I guess it is too much to call it ‘using’ people.’

Rather than using, it was more like asking for their help. The crown prince did not order these people using his superiority, but instead, he asked them on an equal level.

He used that glib tongue of his to praise them a lot and then give a really sad reason that people could not turn down. Naturally, Choi Han was unable to say no. The cold, yet just as good-natured Rosalyn ended up agreeing to help out in the end as well.

Of course, even such a person had a weakness.

“Anyways, young master Cale, his highness the crown prince, ahem, as you already know, it is tiring to get involved with such a person.”

“You do not have to worry. I plan on being as quiet as possible before returning home. I do not like being flashy.”

Cale answered back like it was nothing. However, he then realized that silence had filled the room after he responded. The kittens, On and Hong, Eve, who was still curious, Cage, who was struggling with her hangover, and even Taylor, who had a gentle smile on his face. They were all staring at Cale.