Ɨs ɨŧ mɏ fȺᵾłŧ...?

-Third Person POV-
-Location: ???-

It was a normal day.

It was supposed to be a normal day.

It was supposed to be any other day.

We were supposed to celebrate my birthday.

Then why?

Why is everything burning?

Why is everyone dead?

Is it my fault?

Is it?

How did this happen...?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Happy Birthday, sunshine!"

"Happy Birthday, honey."

"Happy Birthday, Eve!"

The child smile as she walks around hearing all of the lovely people telling her happy birthday. It's her birthday today and she can't help but feel excited about all the presents and cake that she will be getting.

She cut the thorn of the last roses before arranging them in the basket. The girl was sitting in a field of flowers as she usually does to pass the time. She slowly got up before walking the familiar path to her home.

As she is near the town she lives in, something seems different. There wasn't any sound coming like it usually does. With the bustling sound of people, the horse nor does the sound of her family calling for her.

Instead, it was replaced with the sound of a crackling fire.

'That's...weird? I don't remember any of the houses using fire before?'

The girl could only remember the houses being lit using magic. No one uses fire. She could smell something burning. But then, the metallic smell of blood hit her. This causes her to worry.

As she got closer to the town, her eyes widen after seeing the view in front of her.

"W-what...? Why is e-everything burning...?"

True to the child's word, all of the houses are burning and she can see all the bodies of the people she knew. In the corner of her eyes, she could see her mom crawling away from someone.

"Mom!"

"No, Eve! Run away! Ple-"

Before the child-mother could utter another word, her blood splattered on the ground right before the girl's eyes. The child froze, unable to do anything but watch as the stranger stab her mother.

"M-mom...?"

The figure looks at her. Their hair reminds her of blood and those dull eyes as they look at her. He smirked.

"Perfect..."

The figure mutter. The child trembled before gripping the basket in her hand. With all her strength, she threw the basket at the figure before turning around and running away.

The figure was caught off guard and cover its face hastily.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The child could be seen running through the forest. She's getting exhausted but she cannot stop anytime soon. Her mother told her to run. She didn't listen. And now...