𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

The darkness remained among the Onutama forest

The darkness remained among the Onutama forest. The large lake glistened in the moonlight as the waters had begun to settle down after what had recently happened with the demon slayers.

Going back to the previous events of which Y/n and Tanjiro fought Hirokai, the ground had begun to soak up most of the lake water as there were just large puddles left. The grass stuck to the ground with their forms looking as if they were covered in ice.

Hirokai was still alive, although, his body was not together. He knew he lost his body. He had no idea where it was but all that was left was his head that laid against the cold ground. Growls of defeat erupted from his lips as he couldn't believe what had happened. All he could do was look up at the moon angrily. The wrath of knowing that he had lost to a couple of damn kids. Oh it was infuriating!

Damn it. Damn them. Damn them all! I wasn't supposed to die! Damn you slayers! Damn you Takayuki! And damn you Akio! You fucking assholes! Ugh!

"Why the need to sound so angry over other demons?" A voice asked. Hirokai scrunched his eyebrows and found a figure behind one of the trees, casting a glowing shade effect upon his features.

Wait... did that guy read my mind?

"Why— Yes... I did read your mind." The figure emerged into the moonlight and Hirokai looked up in shock.

"M-Master?!"

It was Muzan Kibutsuji.

He crouched down in front of Hirokai's head, looking down upon the demon who had failed.

"You had one job. One job," Muzan insisted as he held up his pale pointer finger. "And you couldn't even do that simple job. You disgust me." He sneered.

"Master! They are both powerful demon slayers! I could've beaten them! But something was off about the girl. After she passed out, I could sense something different... more like powerful. The air became thick, vibrations waved in the ground that could make anyone shiver with fear! She might be more valuable than the boy! I mean— her beauty is like no other."

"Yeah, she may be. After what you had just told me, she must be." Muzan mentioned. He looked up at the moon that glowed in the night, "Her beauty is rather like no other."

"Hey! She's mine!"

Muzan took his hand and forcefully grabbed Hirokai's head by the face and lifted his head up slowly. Digging his nails into the apples of his pale cheeks.

"What make you think you can claim what you want over me?" Muzan question with a smirk, tilting his head slightly.

He turned his head to his left and looked beyond the large trees at the opening in which the fight between the demon slayers took place. He watched as the (h/c) haired girl swept a small child off their feet with large smiles on their faces. Muzan growled under his breath.