Potential candidates

Hokage Tower night time

Hiruzen basically told Sasuke everything. He knew leaving even the smallest detail could make Sasuke go rouge. But he'll kill the boy if necessary. He hopes it doesn't comes to that. Sasuke was I deep thought. Hiruzen chose to be silent waiting to see his "resolve".

Sasuke:....... I believe you. When my father wants something, he'll do what he seems as necessary to accomplish it. But I find it hard that he was willing to oppose you of all people. I'm named after your father. So I thought he respects you to some degree.

Hiruzen: Yes that is true, but as I said  from the 2nd Hokage moving the Uchihas compound further from the village, the constant mistrust, impromptu meeting not including the clan head, there was too much happening. And was u chose who the 4th Hokage would be, that may had been the last straw.

Sasuke: You did what any leader would do, so I can't blame you for that. So I forgive you

Hiruzen: ...... What about my advisor.

Sasuke: That will depends on how truthful they are when I confront them. But I definitely want to talk to Danzo.

Hiruzen: I'll arrange that for you. Is there anything else???

Sasuke: That's all for now.* Gets up and leave the Hokage office*.

A few moments passed before Hiruzen finally spoke.

Hiruzen: You will talk to him that's for sure Danzo.

Danzo who was in was hidden had appeared in front of Hiruzen.

Danzo: I know. I know.  Since he knows of my role in the Uchiha clan massacre, I'll have to let the rest of the council in on this too. Most, if not all will be pissed. You included.

Hiruzen: We'll see.

Danzo notice a sheet of paper with a few names on his friend desk.

Danzo: are those the names of the candidate for the 5th Hokage???

Hiruzen: Yes

Danzo: You have 6 names. I was expecting only 2 being Tsunade and Jiraiya. But with that last person on that list, that is going to be a tough one to get our Shinobi on board.

Hiruzen: Indeed. But giving the recent update. He may be back in the village before the year is over with.

Danzo: Are they on to him?

Hiruzen He suspects so.

Danzo: The Akatsuki are more dangerous than I anticipated. But I wonder who this leader is???

Hiruzen: Hopefully he tells us or at least give enough info to identify who this person is. But for now,acting oblivious is  the best course of action. Jiraiya feels if we jump the gun gathering info openly will tipped them off and go back into hiding. But they are gathering money from bounties but the question is why?

Danzo: I feel when they make there move, it's going to be big....

Hokage Tower the next day

Hiruzen was having a meeting with his future Hokage candidates about the final candidate. Tsunade was the 1st to speak

Tsunade: I'll passed. Besides I have to reconstruct the hospital because the Head doctor is average at best. that's not a good thing. Now as far as "him" being a candidate for the 5th Hokage, I can tell Jiraiya knew about this. But does anyone else knows?

Hiruzen: Only Danzo. My other 2 advisor's know of his involvement in the coup d'etat, they aren't aware they he's a candidate.

Asuma: Who would had thought that Itachi is a double agent????* Still in shock*

Kakashi: But if you think about it, it all makes sense, this group have only missing Nin that are above A-Rank. They'll have to believe he cut all ties to the village. Would you doubt someone who killed his own family?

Guy: By killing his family that was more than enough for him to be recruited. The coup d'etat happened around the same time.

Hiruzen: That's another thing that bothers me. The Akatsuki activeness, the coup d'etat, and how the nine tails broke free 12 years attacking the village, even though we took all precautions. Especially since they made it clear they want the nine tails which is sealed in Naruto. That's too many coincidences.

Asuma: Wait, so you believed that the nine tails incident was part of their plans???

Hiruzen: your mother and a few medical staff helping kushina Give birth that night were killed before the nine tails actually broke free. Who ever is responsible where hoping the nines tail rampage will destroyed  all evidence of foul play. Your mother's corspe wasn't recognizable as reported. I only said that to play the fool of a old man blaming the fox as well.

Asuma: So that's why you written her off so hastily before planning her funeral. I'm sorry, I thought you did that cause you didn't care.

Hiruzen: OF COURSE I CARE!!! *Calms down* Sorry I didn't mean to shout at you.

Asuma: It's alright. ( I misjudged you for years, but not anymore).

Hiruzen: Anyway, Itachi will be a possibile candidate along with the remaining 4 of you since Tsunade will take over the hospital.

Guy: Why not just select Jiraiya? He's more than qualified.

Jiraiya: just wait one minute here, I'm the  spy master so there's no way I can be become Hokage.

Guy: you're just saying that because you can't write your books.

Jiraiya:!!!!!(shit I think he see through that okay I need to think of something quick). Not true, besides people keep saying I'm a pervert, do you really want me as a Hokage and known pervert?

Tsunade:............ Sensei is a pervert and he managed to hide it well.

Hiruzen: WAIT WHY ARE YOU BRINGING ME INTO THIS TOPIC!?
And to be fair kakashi a bigger pervert than me. I mean he walks around with the book in his hand!

Kakashi: now the attention has shifted to me. I would shift the blame to Asuma but Kurenai  burned his books already.

Asuma: I have no idea what you're talking about...

Jiraiya: we can just use Naruto as a candidate as well and....

Tsunade: No.

Jiraiya: But.

Tsunade: No!!!

Hiruzen: well you all can relax for the time being because that's going to take some months before we finalize it. But keep this in mind you're not simply doing this for the village you do it for yourself and your families. And a lot of you in here are the 4th  fand Kushina friend. At least do it for them whoever is selected.

All: HAI!!!!

End of chapter

A/n: just to clarify something yes Itachi is a Hokage candidate but that doesn't guarantee he'll be Hokage. it just means he'll definitely be back in the village for good. That's still quite some time out the way though so for the time being the next chapter will also be another filler before the next arc begins. Til next time