Let's call it MechX-4 part 5

[Dakotas POV]

"Hey any chance you could get Harris to come?" Ryan asked as Spyder shook his head after stepping out of the elevator. He shook his head no and Mark jumped in by saying,

"Who cares! Let's get famous! Well you guys get famous, I'm a legend."

"She's a legend. You, not so much." Ryan said. 

"Well at least I get a chair!" I said falling backwards into Harris's chair.

"Alright let's do this." Ryan said strapping into the harness. "Mech-execute!"

"Catchphrases? Really?" I asked looking from Spyder to Ryan who was looking over his shoulder at me.

"I don't know! It just kinda happened!" Ryan said as I tried to hide the fact that I was laughing.

————

"I still don't see the purpose of waiting in a field for forty five minutes but we're here." Ryan said. 

"Have fun out there! I'll take plenty of pictures." I said sliding to the front of the control pad so I was looking out the top of the robot.

"Thank you for coming MechX-4!" I heard Harper scream from down below.

"I just really wish Harris was here." He said.

"Hold on, I think he is!" Spyder said spinning his monitor around so Ryan and I could see. We saw Harris on the monitor at the robots ankle screaming 'look at your phone!' Ryan grabbed his phone from the stairs and read Harris texts out loud,

"Do not revel yourselves you are in danger? Dude really this again lighten up!" he said. Then the ground began to shake. I stayed on my knees at the edge of the control panel looking down to see Harris take of running then looked back up and saw something explode out of the ground, almost like tentacles sprouting up from the ground launching a wooden maintenance shed into the air. We all watched, practically mesmerized as the shed came falling out of the sky, landing directly on Harris.

"No! Harris!" Ryan and a Spyder said at the same time. We all just sat in shock as I slowly rose to my feet and Mark came down from the loft. 

"He's dead, no, no no no, no" Spyder said spinning around back in his chair towards his scanners.

"He told us not to do this," Ryan said practically motionless as the monster continued to move towards us. Well this is happening. I motioned to Mark as I tapped the release button on the harness and Mark pulled Ryan back of the control pad so I hooked up to the monster so I could attempt and hold of the monster. I heard Ryan keep rambling until Mark screamed to snap him out of it 

"Ryan! Listen we need you." He said.

"Dakota switch me back, this thing killed Harris and it's all my fault, I want to finish it!" He said stepping down a step.

"Ryan as much as I would love to do that for you, kinda got my hand full, just hold on a second!" I said trying to unwrap this snake like thing from my arm.

"Wait! Hold on he's still moving!" Spyder said pointing to his monitor.

"Well we need to keep him that way! Mark can you get him out of there?" He asked as I trapped the monster by what I think was it's throat and slinging it away. 

"Yeah yeah I got you just give me some cover." He said stepping into the elevator as I unlatched the harness and pulling Ryan underneath it. He quickly secured it around his waist and I took my place back at Harris desk.

"Dakota try your best to figure those shields out okay!" He said ripping a arm, tentacle looking thing of off the monster.

"Im trying. This thing is so complicated!" I said pushing things and clicking random buttons. "Marks at the bottom of the robot! He needs some cover." Ryan threw the monster far enough away for Mark to get out of the robot and run to the shed to get Harris. He began to pull Harris out as the shed as the monster came charging back at us. Ryan put his hands up ready to deflect it, but I figured the shields out. The monster practically bounced of the robot. "Were those the shields?" I asked