Let's Dig Deep - Part 2

[Dakotas POV]

"Something in Harpers brain came after Ryan." Mark explained as Harris locked the door. The remote in Ryans had turned yellow.

"Guys look at his remote." I pointed to it.

"Dude, your remote just turned yellow, you gotta get out of there!" Mark yelled, as if he could even hear us.

"He can't hear us!" Harris said. Thank God, I thought, because I had realized what he would have heard if he could hear us. He then tensed up like something was wrapped around his neck.

"Oh my god." I said as Mark held onto his arm to keep him in the chair.

"Ryan can you hear me?" Mark asked.

"I think we've been over this Mark he can't hear us." I said sarcastically as Ryan seemed to calm down but he was still breathing heavily. "Okay, okay, okay, okay, Harris what do we do?"

"How should I know." Harris said.

"Your the smart one! You of all people should know!" Mark yelled.

"Well I didn't make the machine now did I?" Harris questioned. When he started to tense up again and wince in pain I have had just about enough.

"Harris, you gotta at least try to get him out." I pleaded. He tried pressing on the remotes button but nothing worked.

"It's not working." Harris said.

"His brains going to get fried if we don't do something!" I said.

"That's it I'm getting that thing off." Mark marched over to Harper.

"While Ryans still attached?" Harris asked. "That could kill him."

"What!" I screamed as Mark froze and glared at Harris

"You guys ever give anyone the full details of anything before you do it?" Mark asked.

"Apparently not!" I said. "Would he have actually agreed to do this if he knew that detail?"

"Kota, we're talking about my brother, we both know he would have." Mark said.

"True," I said. "Okay, wait stay focused, what are we going to do?" 

"We have to hope he gets out on his own." Harris said dejected. I shook my head as Mark said,

"No way, we can't just sit and wait, wait to see what happens." 

"Well if we cut the link and he's perfectly fine in there and we end up killing him we'll never know." Harris protested. "He has no way of telling us."

"No kidding Harris." I said. "Listen the fact of the matter is that the remote is going to turn red any minute and when it does we have to get him out someway we aren't going to sit here and do nothing, well at least I'm not." We all stared at each other for a few seconds. I pulled up my Mech-link and tried to call Leo. He didn't answer and I cursed under my breath.

"I guess we have to hope he gets out before the light turns red." Mark said quietly. We all nodded in agreement, but I really hope it doesn't get to that point. We all just crowded around the front of his chair and watched and waited, there wasn't much else we could do at the moment. The moment came when the orange light turned to red. 

"Oh god." I said under my breath, putting my hands behind my head.

"It's red." Mark said to Harris. "You gotta cut the link." Harris hesitated.

"Harris we gotta do something." I said. He nodded and slowly walked over to Harper.

"I really don't want to do this." He said. He walked extremely slow, trying to give Ryan every possible second to get out on his own. Just as Harris laid his hand on the neurosplicer, I watched Ryans eyes shot open and grab onto Harris hand, Mark and I both gasped as I threw my hand over my mouth.