Let's Get The Big Bad- Part 3

[Dakotas POV]

"We've earned something down time, we took down the principal, and the big bad." Spyder said back in the X-deck once we were back in the hanger.

"We don't know that for sure. We couldn't find any traces of them after the big battle." Harris said. I was sitting on the couch with Ryan, and Greys box of stuff, Spyder and Harris standing behind us.

"Hey, Kota you alright?" Spyder asked.I was completely spaced out. "Dakota."

"Hm? Sorry, my brain was somewhere else." I said.

"Are you okay? You seem out of it." He asked.

"I mean we almost died today so yeah I guess I'm not all there."

"You mean you almost died. I don't know why Grey only held on to you." Ryan said.

"You noticed it to!" I asked.

"Yeah it seemed like she only held on to you." He said. I shook my head in a loss for words. "Are you sure your okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. But you know what would be great is if someone wants to got to Donut King with me in the way home?" I said hopefully.

"What is it with you and Donut King!" Ryan laughed.

"I like Donuts, also we don't have Donut Kings in Myrtle Beach." I said.

"Well I here they're about to debut a new flavor, a donut made entirely, of frosting." Spyder said.

"Well that's not really a flavor, but I'm down." I jumped up.

"I'll get the milk." Harris said, I followed the two towards the elevator. 

"Ry, you coming?" I asked.

"I'm really tired from using the X-Weapon so I think I'm just going to chill here for a bit." We nodded and kept walking, but I stopped and poked my head back out around the corner.

"Hey! If you call Yasmin, I'll bring you a donut!" I offered.

"Alright, alright I will." He said.

"You better!"

"I will!"

"Remember, I know where you live!" I yelled walking towards the elevator. I could hear him laughing from the other room.

————

After our donuts, Harris and Spyder dropped me at my house and it was late so I went upstairs to get ready for bed after saying goodnight to my sister. I feel like we don't talk enough anymore, I've been so busy with the robot and bugging the crap out of Ryan about Yasmin. I don't regret that though, it can be fun. I laid on my bed with one of my favorite books, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, when I got a text on my phone.

Ry- COME TO YOUR WINDOW!!!!!!!

I put the bookmark in my book and slid over to the window, pulling the string on my blinds and unlocking the window, pushing it up. He was sitting on the other side of his. 

"Hey hey!" I said.

"How were the donuts?" He asked.

"Good, I brought you home one, the all frosting donut was gross, but Spyder ate what Harris and I didn't eat, which was the majority of it." I said. He smiled and nodded. "You didn't blow up my phone with exclamation points to ask about my donuts did ya?" He shook his head.

"I asked her." I gasped, being extra dramatic, solely because I can. 

"Finally! When's the date!" I yelled.

"I didn't even tell you what she said yet!" He laughed.

"Boy, do not play with me, I already know she said yes." I folded my arms on the ledge, he nodded.

"Yeah, yeah she did."

"Ah! Yes I knew it!" I smacked the window ledge. "So when's the date!"

"I told her tomorrow." He said.

"Yes! What are you gonna do!" I asked excitedly.

"That's the issue. I'm not sure yet." He said.

"Oh my god seriously! You asked her out, she said yes, told her you'd take her out tomorrow, but have no idea what you want to do with her!" I yelled. "Are you kidding me!"

"I panicked! At least I didn't say 'I love you bye! This time." He said.

"Okay, that's a step in the right direction." We both laughed.

"But seriously I need help. I don't know what to do. And once again, I'm terrified to ask Mark. So the next person I think to ask is you. Whatcha got?"  He asked.

"I honestly completely understand why you wouldn't ask Mark, he is a pain in the ass." I laughed. "Ry, I don't really know, I can tell you that not every girl wants to be taken to a fancy restaurant where they feel like they have to dress up, some would rather go out and do something adventurous or just take a shopping trip something fun, not your typical date, maybe she's that person, I wouldn't really know, you hang around her way more than I do."

"You'd be right. She's definitely not that girl." He said.

"There's your answer. You just ruled out a lot of things to do. If you want some part of my advice, you want to have fun together, so just make sure you two have fun." I said. "But not to much fun." I said quietly.

"Dakota!" He laughed.

"You know I had to!" I laughed back.

"Thank you." He said. "I'm going to get to bed, but bring me my donut tomorrow morning!" He reached for his blinds.

"Okay I will. Goodnight." I shut my window. I shut my blinds and walked back to my bed. I took my book and threw it on the bedside table and fell into my bed, pulling a blanket up to my shoulders. I just stared at the wall, thinking. Some really small part of me wanted to cry. I don't entirely know why.