Let's open The Monster Heart- Part 1

[Dakota POV] 

It's been a few days since we cured Harris and found the, what we've been calling the monster heart. And I don't remember the last time I was this happy to get up in the morning. Everyday we were at the robot for hours after school even if we weren't working on anything, we were just having fun and hanging out. Something I wish I have done more of. I felt like I was really starting to bond with the team and felt like we were really becoming friends.

 I was busy restocking Med-bay and as just as I stepped out of the door I immediately dove back in as Ryan and Spyder came around the corner playing hockey with the monster heart in the hallway. 

"Someone want to explain to me why it's always this hallways where I'm in the most danger rather than in fights with monsters?" I hopped back to my feet. "Last week I almost got run over by Spyder and his rocket, and now I'm in danger of taking a hockey stick to the face!"

"Sorry, I mean where else were we going to play?" Spyder shrugged. 

"Literally anywhere else." I added as Harris swung the labs door open.

"C'mon guys really! I've been looking for that!" Harris said. 

"Well you said we have to crack open the monster heart," Spyder looked back at Ryan. 

"Yeah and it kinda evolved from there so," He said.

"I know you like to have fun and I do to but you don't understand how important this is. This is the only clue to figuring out who's behind the monsters." Harris took the heart back from Spyder.

"Okay sorry we'll be more cautious." Ryan says.

"Tie game dude?" Spyder shrugs.

"After this point." Ryan smacks the heart out of Harris hands. I just stood in the doorway silently laughing to myself and shaking my head while Spyder and Ryan fought to the death over the heart until they all came to a sudden hault when the monster heart lit up, catching my attention as well.

"What the-" we heard Harris say as he picked up the heart as he took it into the lad to examine it. 

————

The next day Mark, Ryan and I were upstairs in the control center testing out some repair work while Spyder and Harris were down in the lab with the monster heart, until they came up from the hatch and Spyder asked,

"Monster?"

"Nah just testing the repair work." I answered in Harris chair with my feet on the side of the desk. 

"Who let her put her feet on my desk?" Harris asked.

"For one Spyders desk is disgusting and yours is clean." I said as Ryan nodded in agreement. "And I'm not ruining my shoes on Spyders desk."

"How we doing Mark?" Ryan asked his brother.

"What do you think mom and JJ are doing right now? Should I call?" Mark asked.

"Do you need to be tucked in? Do you need a bedtime story? Cmon focus!" He replied.

"I second that!" I called out as Harris kicked me out of his chair. "And who the heck is JJ?"

"Yeah yeah what ever." Mark said turning back to his monitor. "We're good, You can stop now." He said as he climbed down the ladder.

"Mom said she's working late but she loves us." Ryan said reading a text of of his phone until Mark jumped in and said,  

"That's code! For on a date!"

"Yeah when it's going well apparently." Spyder said with a stupid grin on his face.