Let's Destroy Some Ooze- Part 4

[Ryans POV]

I got us back the hanger as quick as I could, and right after I got the robot back in the hanger I ran to med-bay. As I huddled over the couch in X-deck towards med-bay the elevator shot up and Leo stepped out.

"Do you have any idea what you just did?" He said angrily. I stood in the hallway and watched him storm into med-bay and slam the door behind him. I didn't even bother to try and go in. I knew they would throw me out. I slowly walked back to the couch in Med-bay and sat down with my head in my hands trying to not to burst out in tears of absolute fear. I was paralyzed in fear that I had just killed my best friend. I was still paralyzed when I heard the med-bay door open behind me and didn't stand up and spin around until I heard Mark say.

"Ryan?"

"Oh Mark, please tell me-" I began till Mark cut me off.

"Where were you." He said. "Not only were we all concerned that Dakota was going to get seriously hurt, I was starting to get worried that you were hurt or missing, or I don't know dead on the side of the highway."

"Mark listen I know this isn't going to justify what I just did, but she broke up with me." I said. He scoffed at me.

"Seriously, Ryan, really? That's your excuse?" Mark said angrily.

"No! No it's not!" I replied. "Listen, we got into this huge argument about literally everything when she was telling me why she wanted to break up and I completely lost track of time we had to have spent close to an hour in that parking lost arguing. And when I finally got on my way home and realized what time it was I ran faster and then when I saw Cassies streaming the robot fighting a giant wasp when I was a block away from the school I knew I really screwed up!"

"Okay well, I'm not happy with you right now, but I'm still your brother so I guess I have to ask, what did she say?" Mark asked.

"She said nothing was working anymore." I said. "She said like she had to force me to hang out with her. And," I was going to say something else but stoped my self and clearly Mark noticed.

"And what?" Mark asked.

"She asked if I have feelings for my best fiend." I said. Marks reaction surprised me a little. He leaned backwards against the wall,  smiled and scoffed like he already knew. "What?"

"Nothing, nothing." Mark said. "I'm guessing that your response to that didn't really settle her suspicions did it?" I shook my head.

"No, no it did not." I replied. "For one I hesitated."

"Well there is your first problem." Mark added.

"I know, I know that was stupid." I admitted.

"Well what else did you tell her to at least try and settle her thoughts?" Mark asked. I couldn't find the words so I ended up hesitating again. "Ryan? What did you say."

"I told her I wasn't." I said.

"Wow Ryan that's all you could think of?" Mark laughed.

"I didn't know what else to say." I admitted. He rolled his eyes at me once again as I heard the med-bay door open. Harris, Spyder and Leo walked out of the room, and none of them were crying so that's a good sign. I opened my mouth to ask if she was okay but Leo knew what I was going to say so he jumped in and said.

"She's okay. I think."

"So she's going to be okay?" I asked.

"Ryan I can't be sure." Leo said. "She alive, so that's a good sign. We don't know what this is I'm dealing with. I know so little about this because up until we met I thought you were the only technopath that existed." I knew Leo was right.