Let's End This - Part 3

[Dakotas POV]

Ryan and I ran back down to the med bay where Spyder had called us to, something was telling me something was seriously wrong. I could barely make out what Spyder said but he tried to explain what happened over the Mech-link as we ran.

"Leo?" Ryan said as the med-bay door closed behind us. "What were you thinking?"

"I had to." He said. "Because the world needs you Ryan you're the only one that can stop Harper. Look I know you wish sometimes somebody else got the powers or you twos roles positions were switched," Leo said looking between me and Ryan. "That way you can just be a normal kid but, I'm glad it was you. You're a good kid, with a good heart." Just before Leo rolled over and fell asleep he said "the right person got the power."

"Let's let him sleep." Spyder said heading for the door. Ryan and I followed him out. Just after the door shut Ryan said, 

"It took guts what he did. He almost died." Spyder nodded as Ryan turned his gaze to me. "People need to stop putting their life before mine, You were one to many, now Leo too. I'm not letting that be for nothing."

"So we're going to win this thing." Spyder asked.

"With out a doubt." Ryan said. "But I need my team." Spyder nodded and walked towards the control center, I went to follow but Ryan didn't move, his eyes still on me. He took one of the Mech-links of his wrist and held it out. He saw my expression change and said, "And I want that to include you too. Just until we finish this, then you can take all the time you need. It will just make me feel better if you wear this." I sighed and hesitated before holding out my hand. I heard Spyder 'silently' celebrating in the back ground as Ryan placed the Mech-link in my hand.

"Let's get this over with." I said following Spyder towards the control center as I wrapped the black bracelet around my wrist. "I can't believe I just did that." I quietly said to Spyder as Ryan walked a few feet behind us.

"Cmon," he teased. "We both know why you did that."

"Not the time, not the place Spyder." I said. He giggled and I smacked his arm as I climbed up the ladder to the control center.

————

We were making preparations to leave when Mark and Harris shout back up out of the elevator, Harris, was for some reason drinking ooze antidote.

"Your back!" Mark said at the sight of me. I smiled as I spun around in my chair.

"Wait what I said actually worked!" Harris said shocked. "I thought I was just taking shots in the dark."

"Yeah that's cause you were." I laughed.

"Mom safe?" Ryan asked Mark.

"Yeah, down in the med bay." He said sounding a little bummed. "You can kiss our secret identities goodbye when she wakes up."

"Okay I'm sorry for abruptly changing the subject," I began. "But why are you drinking ooze antidote?"

"Yeah." Harris said downing the rest. "Left over from the capsule for the school. Long story."

"No it's not." Mark said. "He's crazy. But maybe not the worst guy to go into a fight with."

"Why, because he's ten times smarter than you?" I asked sarcastically.

"Ah, Dakotas back with her cheap insults." Mark said.

"I mean she's not wrong." Harris said as Mark slapped him on the arm. "Sorry, Sorry. Any way, Harper built a giant monster heart, we have to destroy it before it gets to the school."

"Don't worry we will." Ryan said leaving the group to the control pad. "Right after we end this new monster. It's out there threatening innocent people right now. The we'll kick Harpers butt from here to the moon. Sound good?"